Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? -- Monday

Gwen M.
on 6/22/15 9:40 am, edited 6/22/15 9:42 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I'm heading up to PA today for the first cycle of chemo for my dad's recent cancer reappearance.  It's going to be a challenging week - my dad's cognitive function has declined quite a bit since his brain tumor removal and radiation back in March.  Thankfully I'm heading to Norway for a week of vacation on Sunday and I've never been more excited about vacation.  

1: frankenshake
2: leftover gyro
2.1: car snacks
3: whatever my mom makes

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: 45 minutes bowflex

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

JoeyJo
on 6/22/15 10:09 am - NJ

I'm sorry that your dad is going through this.  My dad fought many different cancers successfully but stomach cancer took him in April.  My mom is battling breast cancer that has spread.  She chooses to ignore it as much as possible.  My son, daughter and I have been taking care of her, so we see how difficult it has been.  My brothers and their kids are somewhat shielded. 

I am glad you are excited about vacation.  Enjoy it!  My dad forced me to go on vacation last year and I could see how upset he was getting because we contemplated canceling it.  He loved hearing about it and seeing the pictures when we got back.  Your parents want you to be happy, so be sure to have fun.

B- Lemon Quest bar and banana (hungry morning)

L- Shredded chicken with mixed vegetables in gravy.  (I put frozen chicken breasts in the crock pot with diet root beer and cooked it overnight, drained the soda, shredded the chicken, added the vegetables and gravy, then let it simmer till dinner time.  Great success, but next time I will use better gravy and more non-sodium spices.)

S- Dannon Light & Fit Greek - toasted coconut

D- My nephew's graduation party is tonight.  My sister-in-law will be sure to have something healthy for me to eat.  She knows my 1 year checkup is Wednesday.  If not, I can pick enough good stuff to hold me over.  I always have a bar in my bag in case of emergencies.

S- It depends on the desserts tonight.  It has to be something really good and special for me to indulge and with the 1 year weigh-in looming, I will choose wisely or wait until I get home to have some watermelon or yogurt, depending on my protein total.

E- Walking towards my 10,000 step goal

W- Ahead of schedule

V- Check

wyo_sarah
on 6/22/15 10:25 am

I'm sorry about your dad, Gwen.  It is good that you can be there for him.

I had a great weekend in Yellowstone.  I made a few bad food choices **** cream and s'mores!) but when I got home the scale had only gone up 1.5 lbs and I'm still significantly less that I was this time last week.  So, back on the sugar-free wagon for me!  I couldn't help thinking this morning that if I had resisted those sweets, I would probably be at my newly revised goal this morning.

B: scrambled egg, brisket, jalapeno and cheese

L: hopefully a spare rib, if my mom is willing to share her leftovers :)

D: cilantro-lime chicken, if I can get to the store soon.  I have two beautiful cilantro plants and I need to use it soon, before it starts to bloom.

W: way behind.  I just realized it was 11:00 and I hadn't even filled up my water bottle.  Now my tummy is growling, making me feel hungry, when I know I'm thirsty.

E: strength building and hopefully a nice walk with the hubby

V: on track

GooseGirl
on 6/22/15 10:26 am
VSG on 10/30/14 with

Hey Gwen, travel safe today and good luck this week. That sounds so blase or flippant and that's not my intention. 

I'm grumpy today and frustrated with this stomach stuff. My parents are stressing out about it and I think that is part of what is causing my mood. I really am not too stressed about it on my own but I hate worrying my parents; especially my dad. For him to tell me multiple times that he is worried is really indicative of his level of concerns. He is not someone who expresses emotion at all. 

B: Protein Shake

L: Chicken Salad

D: Sloppy Joe 

S: either another protein shake or possibly some more chicken salad. 

W&V: On Track

E: still on break from exercise which is probably also impacting my frustration levels. 

Sorry to be such a downer today; I will try and be more cheerful tomorrow!

GoBlueGirl1998
on 6/22/15 11:50 am - MI

Whats going on with your stomach?? 

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

GooseGirl
on 6/22/15 3:49 pm
VSG on 10/30/14 with

Apparently I have a small bowel obstruction and the doctors have 2 different opinions on how to proceed. I really do think that it will likely resolve over time but since my dad just lost one of his best friends to complications from a bowel obstruction and my mom spent 46 days in the hospital and almost died a decade ago from a bowel obstruction... well, he wasn't happy to hear those words leave my mouth. Honestly if I had remembered that was how everything started with his best friend I never would have told my parents. Sigh. Too late now. The pain is intermittent and it is irritating but it's not incapacitating. Just a minor bump in all of this. 

GoBlueGirl1998
on 6/22/15 4:57 pm - MI

Oh no! I'm sorry! I can see why your Dad would be so concerned! I hope it resolves itself and your back to feeling great in no time! Healing prayers are being sent your way!!

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

GoBlueGirl1998
on 6/22/15 11:49 am - MI

Best wishes to your Dad.........and hooray for your vacation! You deserve it! You have been putting in a lot of family time to care for your Dad.

I'm still basking in the glory of a girls trip last week! It was much needed!! It was only 2.5 days, but 2.5 great days. I golfed and its so much easier when you're minus 100 lbs!! We fished and we had a pool time. I got two runs in and I ate and drank what I wanted within reason! Saturday I was back to my normal eating plan! :)

B: Special K with protein

S: Protein Bar

L: 1/2 Spanish Frittata 

S: None

D: Left over ribs and kale salad

S: Sugar Free popscicle

E - Bad storms expected tonight....so I'll use the treadmill

W & V - on track

GooseGirl
on 6/22/15 3:51 pm
VSG on 10/30/14 with

I'm glad you had such a good time on your girl's weekend. How did you mom do with you being gone? Was everything good on the home front? 

rumpole6
on 6/22/15 12:10 pm

Gwen, Best wishes for your Dad's recovery

B: Breakstone Cottage Cheese double, Babybel Gouda

L: Blackeed Tilapia, Quinoa and Tomato Salad, Bing Cherries

S: Oikos triple zero greek yogurt (mixed berry)

D: Leftover Italian Chicken

E: on track

W: on track 

V: on track

My Surgeon's office called to say to cut my dose of multivitamins and B12 in half. Vit D dosage is still good!

Preop Diet 10/4/14; Sleeve: 10/13/14

Most Active
Recent Topics