Quick Newbie Question

definitelyjulia
on 6/24/15 9:07 am

They weighed us at the meeting but the surgeon is the one who gives you the official number you need to lose.  They wanted us to try to start dieting pre meeting the surgeon but I'm afraid to do that because my pattern of weight loss is that I lose a bunch in the beginning and then it's HARD to lose more.  What if the surgeon says I need to lose a lot more during one of the more challenging times?  I guess I'll just have to go by faith and do my best.  

That cracked me up about your parents making bacon right after your surgery!  My husband ordered pizza last night right after I was told about this diet.  So I get it.  Luckily (sort of) I lost my sense of smell last year so I'm good to go if somebody starts frying up bacon at my house.  LoL

gracie88
on 6/24/15 8:59 am
RNY on 08/26/15

I had a six month supervised diet required for my insurance.  My center follows the South Beach diet for their plan.  The day before surgery is clear liquid and nothing after midnight.  I'm really glad that I had to do the six month.  I was mad at first but it really has set me up for healthy decisions once I have surgery.  It's gotten easier every month.  I think it's always hard when you first start.  Good Luck!!

Seminar Sept 2014 - 221

First 6 month weigh in - November 2013 - 220

Surgery Day 8/26/15 - 199

Current Weight (9/1/16) 128.0  RNY  5' 2"

ragincajun
on 6/24/15 12:02 pm

This strikes me as:

1) Pre-Op Diet to shrink Liver

2) Pre-Op Eating Approach to prepare you for the post-op regimen

-RC-

definitelyjulia
on 6/24/15 1:50 pm

Yes that's what they described RC.  Their biggest concern was making the surgery easier by shrinking our livers and it is good preparation for eating for post op.  I guess because it's a little more complicated than most diets I've been on it's thrown me off a bit.  I'm also concerned about how I initially lose a lot of weight to begin with and then stall.  Hopefully when I get the number I'm suppose to lose that will be more encouraging.  The only thing I wish they would of done is just let us follow something more simple.  Heck I'd be ok with something like medifast.  But I guess you can't really survive healthfully on that so this is good practice.  :)

Most Active
Recent Topics