One Year Today!!!

Jeepgirl1978
on 6/23/15 9:52 am
VSG on 06/23/14

I can't believe it's been one year today since my surgery!  Funny how it kinda feels like it's my birthday; perhaps it is in a way.  I never understood how it was possible for people to lose a lot of weight and still think they were big...now I understand completely!  I'm still working on getting my brain to catch up with my new body.  I obviously realize that I'm smaller when I go shopping and can fit into a small (which I haven't done in my entire adult life) but when I look in the mirror on a daily basis, I don't think I really see the change.  On my boyfriend's suggestion, I just looked at a picture I took 2 days before my surgery (hadn't looked at it since I took it) and OMG!!!  Maybe it's finally sinking in!

I remember asking my boyfriend and myself numerous times over the past year, why did I do this to myself?...now I know!  All in all I'm very happy that I made the decision a year ago to have this surgery.  WLS is the easy way out said NO ONE who has had WLS!  It's the hardest thing I've ever done in my life!

Hitting my one year anniversary makes me even more determined to make my goal (which is not the same as my dr's goal for me)!

I will say, it never gets old to hear people say that they didn't/barely recognized me. 

Tracy D.
on 6/23/15 11:31 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Congrats on your 1-year surgiversary, Jeepgirl!  I'm glad you're doing well and getting use to the "new" you 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

josiedlc
on 6/23/15 8:56 pm
VSG on 06/23/14

Yay! Congrats! Today is one year for me as well.

Crystal M.
on 6/24/15 9:21 am, edited 6/24/15 9:21 am
VSG on 06/23/14

We have the same surgiversary! Woohoo!

I can totally relate to the brain catching up with what has really happened. Sometimes I catch a reflection of myself, in a mirror or window, and I actually have to stop and look again because I hardly recognize myself!

I will agree! This is the hardest and most rewarding experience of my life! The best thing I've ever done for myself!

Congrats and keep up the great work! :)

All things in good time!

Most Active
Recent Topics