Planning on Getting the Surgery

Pytash87
on 6/23/15 6:50 am

Hi! I'm new to this sight.

I'm 28, and planning on getting the sleeve surgery hopefully by the end of summer. I am very scared, I don't know what to expect and afraid it won't work. I have been back and forth on the decision however, I was diagnosed yesterday with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. Reading articles it is suggested that weight loss surgery is highly recommended, I took that as the universe giving me a sign. I'm hoping to meet some friends who have had this surgery, my mom had the Lap Band and it has worked well though she's had A LOT of problems with it. Any help and support is welcomed! Looking forward to meeting you all!. 

Ashley

Tracy D.
on 6/23/15 8:09 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Welcome, Ashley!  Use the little magnifying glass icon at the top right of this page to do a "search" on specific topics that you're interested in.  And then study, study, study!  I reviewed and searched out several different websites and faithfully read all the posts every day for months before my surgery.  It really helped to prepare me!  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Pytash87
on 6/23/15 9:39 am

Great I will definitely do that!  Thank you for the tip! 

Ashley

MsCincy
on 6/23/15 11:31 am - Amelia, OH
VSG on 08/13/14 with

Welcome! I usually stalk the site on a daily basis but rarely post but when I saw yours, it was too much like my story not to do so. I'm a few weeks away from turning 29 and I had my sleeve last August. Like you I was diagnosed with PCOS, although I was diagnosed at 12. I struggled for a good 10 years with my weight and had tried everything from diet changes, prescription medications, working with a metabolic institution, and nutritionists. I had my doubts on if this would be a working solution for me, a tool to use with the right adjustments to my life. I researched the hell out of everything I could during my 6 months pre-op. I can tell you without a doubt that the sleeve was the best decision I have ever made! It takes a lot of work and dedication but it's absolutely worth it. I am a little over 10 months out and I've lost over 120 lbs since surgery day, 5 away from goal. And so many of issues with PCOS have resolved, well a lot of issues in general have LOL. But I'm ovulating for the first time in years and my hormones are finally in normal ranges! Like suggested, use the site as a resource, search away and utilize the support systems that you have! Best of luck!!

29F; 5'6; HW:290 SW:276 GW:142 M1:-34 M2:-16 M3:-14 M4:-12 M5:-12 M6:-10 M7:-7 M8:-6 M9:-7 M10:-3 M11:-6 M12:-3 M13:-2 M14:-3 M15:-1 M16:-2 M17:-2 CW:135

Pytash87
on 6/23/15 5:33 pm

Thank you for sharing your story! I'm in the process of setting everything up.

Ashley

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/23/15 12:15 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Hiya!

I'd suggest picking up a copy of "Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies." It's a SUPER helpful overview of the whole process, including post-op life; I had a copy and shared it with family members who wanted to understand what I'd be going through. You can pick up a used copy for cheap on Amazon, or I think they also have an e-book version as well.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Pytash87
on 6/23/15 5:34 pm

Great! Thank you for the info!!

Ashley

Trulady5610
on 6/23/15 5:23 pm

Hi Ashley

I too have pcos and I'm planning on having the surgery in October. I'm in the process of completing the required pre-op clearances. It would be great to have someone to go through this journey with. Welcome to the site. 

Celena

Pytash87
on 6/23/15 5:32 pm

Hi Celena 

i have not started all that yet waiting to hear back from the Dr. It would be great to have someone in the same boat!. Does this website work like Facebook? Haha 

Ashley

Trulady5610
on 6/23/15 5:39 pm

Hi

im still trying to figure out how to use this site. Laugh out loud 

Most Active
Recent Topics