Surgery postponed?

chubbs54
on 6/21/15 7:41 pm

Hello neveryone I just got my Psych clearance and was so happy since my surgery date is just around the corner June 29th but I got a cold bad sore throat and a cough. I am scared they are going to postpone my surgery. I see my Surgeon on the 23 rd so wish me good luck I'll need it.

28paws
on 6/21/15 9:24 pm

I'm sending good vibes and prayers your way! I wound up with shingles just a three weeks before my surgery and I was able to keep my original date.  Power of prayer!!  Hang in there!

NikkyBeauty
on 6/21/15 9:42 pm - Sacramento , CA
VSG on 02/18/15

A week before my surgery I had got the flu! I had a bad cough it was awful I was scared they were gonna postpone my surgery but as long as you don't have a fever your good to go! I must warn you that coughing after surgery is some of the worst pain you've ever felt my suggestion is to try and take care of your cough as much as you can before hand just to avoid the extra pain! I speak from experience good luck!

HW: 465lbs SW: 387lbs CW:??? GW:175

MissNexxie
on 6/22/15 5:32 am
VSG on 04/30/14

Please try gargling very warm sal****er 3-4x per day to help that sore throat. You don't want it to turn worse. I've also had success with using a tea tree oil steam to help with cough/congestion (1 drop teatree per 1 cup boiling water). I think you're limited in OTC meds this close to surgery so you gotta go natural. Take care.

Surgery: April 30, 2014: HW: 288 SW: 250 Achieved Goal 149 lbs: April 8, 2015 CW: 158 lbs (working on losing 65 lb regain as of June 1, 2021. Weight was at 215 lbs). Fighting every darn day!

Most Active
Recent Topics