New member, First post, surgery Monday!!!!

foxie1
on 6/20/15 10:52 am

I can't believe my big day is here. I feel like it is the beginning of a new life, and such a great opportunity. I'm a little bit nervous, I've never had major surgery before, but I know I'll be ok:)

kherb43
on 6/20/15 6:43 pm
VSG on 06/25/15

Welcome!  I'm new here, too.  My surgery was scheduled for Tues. the 23rd but they just moved it to Thursday, the 25th.

Good luck and best wishes to you!  

Mary Gee
on 6/20/15 2:38 pm, edited 6/20/15 2:39 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Welcome.  It's normal to be nervous - something would be wrong if you weren't!!  I wish you complication-free surgery with minimal post-op pain.  WLS was my first "major" surgery too, and all went well.  I just made a point of thinking the doctor and his team did everything they could to ensure my surgery would go well and would be successful.  I had 110% confidence in them.  I was thrilled.  

Now that you found us, keep reading, reading, and when you're tired of reading, then read some more.  This site is full of information and support.  By reading you will not only receive encouragement, but you'll lean what to expect.  Be sure to learn how to use the "search" feature too - because every question you ask most likely has been asked hundreds of times before -- but never be afraid to ask any question.  

Some things you'll learn:

You may gain weight right after surgery; it's normal.

What you can take to relieve gas, constipation.

You'll probably lose hair; it's normal.

Acid can make you think you're hungry.

There is the infamous three week stall; again, normal.

Eggface has great recipes for shakes, pureed food (think Ricotta Bake), egg bites, etc.  Check out her site.

Your hormones will be raging; sometimes you may get offended by a reply because you think someone is picking on you (for eating something wrong like a candy bar, or some pizza, or potato chips because "you needed real food" or "you needed something salty/crunchy").  Don't be offended - people here want you to be successful and they are not going to say it's okay to eat something you know is wrong - you had WLS to lose weight, don't blow it.

I could go on and on.  So like I said, read, read, and read some more.

We're saving a couple of spots on the Losers' Bench for the two of you!  Best wishes.

Mary

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

foxie1
on 6/21/15 6:46 pm

Thank you so much for you kind words!! Also, the hints and tips, are extremely helpful, if you think of an thing else, please share,  I will def. Continue to read on the forum in the meantime.  I have heard gas-x strips help with gas, and I need to focus on walking my first day. Thank you again:)

foxie1
on 7/4/15 1:15 pm

Dear Mary Gee, Thank you so much for the long thoughtful reply! I know you said I may confused Acid with hunger, I find myself hungry ALOT. Is there something I can do to fix this?

Also, I get the hiccups a lot, is that normal?

Thank you!!

Sparky50
on 6/21/15 5:52 pm
VSG on 07/21/15

Good luck tomorrow, foxie1!  I will look forward to hearing about your weightless journey.  I am still waiting on my approval, so it's great to hear about the experiences of others that are taking or have taken this big step!  Wishing you a fast and safe recovery :-)

Most Active
Recent Topics