Whatcha eating today VSGers...Thursday!!

GooseGirl
on 6/18/15 11:53 am
VSG on 10/30/14 with

Thanks for the positive wishes. Surgery was one of the possibilities but I'm REALLY hoping to avoid that option. It sounds like there are options we can try before we get to the surgery option. I'm crossing my fingers that one of those will be successful the pain is getting old. 

MAchick
on 6/18/15 5:20 pm
VSG on 01/27/14

Aww man :-(  So sorry you are having these issues. Are you going to be on bowel rest for a while? I have known people to avoid surgery and recovered, so I'll be wishing this for you!

GooseGirl
on 6/18/15 8:10 pm
VSG on 10/30/14 with

Thanks. I am supposed to be on a really simple diet trying to give things a rest. Today I did the exact opposite. I'm not quite sure what the heck happened but I basically ate/grazed all dang day. The only good thing is that I logged everything but I'm just kinda shocked that I did this. Definitely need to get my head screwed on straight tomorrow. Not only is it not the habits that I want to engage in, right now it's down right risky. 

psychoticparrot
on 6/18/15 11:54 am

B: Scrambled egg, fresh blueberries

L: Chicken breast, sauteed zucchini, fresh strawberries

D: Sloppy Joes (using 1/2 bun), sauteed zucchini

(Nothing especially yummy here, GooseGirl, but I imagine it sounds pretty good when you're on soft foods. Hope your medical condition resolves quickly.)

W: On track

V: None; forgot to bring them while I'm visiting with my son and family for the next 10 days. Don't think I'll get scurvy during that time.

E: Nothing structured, but shopping and playing with my grandson is pretty hefty exercise for me. Tomorrow, we're going swimming.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

GooseGirl
on 6/18/15 8:11 pm
VSG on 10/30/14 with

Thanks I really do too. I hoe you are having a really good time with your grandson. I think it's great that you are getting to enjoy this time with him. 

JoeyJo
on 6/18/15 12:21 pm - NJ

B- Pure Premium chocolate chip protein bar

L- Roast turkey rolled around steamed asparagus

S- Dannon Light & Fit Greek yogurt - toasted coconut -- and a small scoop of Jello dessert -- BUT there is a Summer Goodie table at work today loaded with interesting foods.  Part of my job security is fixing a plate for my boss, which I now think of as filling my plate vicariously through him.  I take everything, but I don't eat it.  I made a Jello dessert to help with any unforeseen temptations - recipe below.

D- Don't know, probably chicken and veggies

S- Pistachios

W- ahead of schedule

V- on track (1/2 in the morning and 1/2 at night)

E- walking towards my 10,000 steps, but will not make it due to broken toe.  Softball tonight (in the rain)

Jello Dessert

• 16 oz. container small curd cottage cheese

• 3 oz. box (sugar-free) raspberry Jello gelatin

• 8 ox. container Cool Whip

• 15 oz. can fruit ****tail drained (packed in juice, not syrup)

• 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional, which I opt out) 

Mix dry Jello powder into cottage cheese,

Then mix in drained fruit ****tail,

Then fold in Cool Whip,

Chill for at least 3 hours before serving

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 6/18/15 12:47 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

B:  Premier Protein chocolate shake with a shot of Miralax

L:  Crack slaw and spinach brownie

S:  Dannon Light & Fit Passion Fruit Greek yogurt

D:  Rotisserie chicken and green beans

S:  Handful of blueberries

W/V:  On schedule

E:  30 minute walk (1.25 miles) at lunch, 2-3 mile walk/jog later this evening.  I've blown it off all week with excuses.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

MAchick
on 6/18/15 5:18 pm
VSG on 01/27/14

Today was a good food day! My husband really wanted to go out to eat, so I found a steakhouse chain and planned out my meal ahead of time. I stayed on track, portioned my food when I got it, and put the rest away for a good lunch tomorrow!

B: iced coffee with whole fairlife milk, scrambled egg with diced corned beef, onion, and roasted veggies

S: 1oz BBQ pork rinds, syntrax lemonade

D: small side salad of romaine and shaved parmesan, fork tines dipped in Caesar dressing. 4oz parmesan crusted sirloin steak, 3 stalks of steamed asparagus.

GooseGirl
on 6/18/15 8:11 pm
VSG on 10/30/14 with

WOO HOO! Congratulations on staying on track and having a really yummy dinner. 

Most Active
Recent Topics