So sad, but I find I'm one of them

Jules78
on 6/18/15 5:11 am - GA
VSG on 05/01/14

So sorry for your loss...I know exactly how you feel.

youtube channel- silkiilocks

Tracy D.
on 6/18/15 6:09 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Oh noooo, Devon!  I am so sorry to hear this - I know how devoted you were to that adorable pet   He was the luckiest little dog to have you for his loving owner!  

Hugs to you, my friend - and kudos for handling the grief and loss without resorting to food.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

(deactivated member)
on 6/19/15 7:24 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

I'm so sorry for your loss. I had to have my bunny put to sleep in the middle of the night last Thursday, and there's no pain quite like it. Wishing you a productive grieving process and a lifetime of cherished memories.

ElizaM
on 6/21/15 11:21 am
VSG on 07/24/14

I've been thinking about your post for the last couple days. I'm really sorry to hear about your dog. I'm with Temple Grandin in thinking that "Animals make us human." Our love and compassion for them brings out the best in us. It's been three years almost to the day that we had to put our beloved cat to sleep and I can summon up how horrible and awful that day was all too vividly. 

I really think that the sleeve makes these times harder, because you can't self-medicate with food. I mean, ultimately, you probably could to a degree, but you certainly can't stuff yourself silly which is what many of us liked to be able to do. Of course, this is a good thing. It's a feature, not a bug. But it does mean you just have to FEEL what you're gonna feel, and that is not easy. I think the best thing we can do to cope with any addictive behavior is connecting with others, so I'm really glad you posted here. 

Hang in there.

32F 5'8" High weight: 432 | Consult weight: 396 | Surgery weight: 335 | Current weight: 170

PaulaToronto
on 6/22/15 2:41 pm - Toronto, Canada

So sorry to hear of your loss Devon. 

I feel stress in my chest and used food to shove the feeling down too. Grief is a different feeling for me hitting me in the gut and making me run to the john.  I go from not wanting to eat at all to wanting to shove down all the pain.

Be good to yourself during this time of great loss.  Hugs, Paula

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 6/22/15 4:25 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

My sympathies for your loss.  My sister lost her Siberian Husky last week and she's in mourning too. 

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

diane S.
on 6/23/15 10:34 am

Remember, all dogs go to heaven.  rest in peace little cairn.   diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Most Active
Recent Topics