So sad, but I find I'm one of them

frisco
on 6/17/15 6:41 pm

Very sad..... Sorry to hear this....

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

poplargreys
on 6/17/15 7:01 pm
VSG on 03/31/15

So sorry for your loss, as a fellow lover of dogs and show afficionado, they mean the world to us and their loss is a blow. Thank you for sharing the good and the bad of your journey, seeing the human side of this struggle we all go through is even more meaningful than the before and after pictures and big celebratory posts. I hope you can find peace in the happy memories you and your little terrier created together.

MAchick
on 6/17/15 7:03 pm
VSG on 01/27/14

Ugh. In January I lost my best bud Pepper after having him for 18 years since he was a kitten. I was so sad in bed for several days,  and still shed tears when I remember him. 

The best thing to help was the fact that I knew I gave him a wonderful life,  as you did to your pup. I'm sure your buddy lived a good, loved life. I am so sorry to hear about his passing,  and know that many of us are thinking of you ♡

MissNexxie
on 6/17/15 8:04 pm
VSG on 04/30/14

I'm very sorry for your loss. Words seem insufficient - know that we are mourning with you. Fur-babies are a joy like no other.

Surgery: April 30, 2014: HW: 288 SW: 250 Achieved Goal 149 lbs: April 8, 2015 CW: 158 lbs (working on losing 65 lb regain as of June 1, 2021. Weight was at 215 lbs). Fighting every darn day!

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 6/17/15 10:29 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

So sorry Devon. Its the hardest thing...my Simba is 13 which is old for a Golden Retriever and he is slipping fast - hind legs are not really working well - and what a mess we all become when we even think of not having him around. Hang in there! 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Catwoman77
on 6/17/15 10:53 pm
VSG on 05/12/14

I'm so, so sorry for your loss. I'm a cat person, but they are like my children, and I understand the loss of a beloved pet is heartbreaking. There is nothing like the unconditional love of our fur babies,  my heart goes out to you.  Please be kind to yourself during this difficult time. I'm very sorry for your loss! 

VSG with Dr. Michael Jiser, Lowell General Hospital

HW 281, GW 155, CW 149 5'11"

Nmmsg
on 6/18/15 3:32 am
VSG on 07/09/13

I have had dogs most of my adult life. They truly are our family members.  I am so sorry for the loss of your buddy.  It really hurts.  Hugs.

Nancyi

Learn from your family history and rewrite yours!

grayC
on 6/18/15 4:33 am
VSG on 05/01/13

Devon, 

I am sorry for your loss...

I lost my Great Pyreneese Bella 5 yrs ago 

and I still and always will miss her..

Dogs ask nothing of you, expect the very least of you and 

all they want for their never ending love and devotion

is your love back and an occasional cookie!

ii look at my Newfie Sadie now, and I can't possibly fathom her being gone...

I think the greatest honor we could give anyone that passes and has brought joy to our lives 

IS to FEEl those emotions of grief and sadness.

Atlanta_Forever
on 6/18/15 4:35 am
VSG on 03/17/14

Kairk,

You have my deepest sympathy, it's a heart breaking time. We are so lucky to have them in our lives and it hurts when they depart.

When I lost my previous dog, I was crushed. After a week or so I strongly felt the need for some interaction with dogs. I stopped by the closest doggie day care center and asked if I could volunteer for a few hours. They let me go into the play room with a big bunch of nutty dogs. We all had a great time...even if I was crying the whole time.

I know most animal shelters need volunteers too, but I probably would have taken ten dogs home with me! Also, when you are feeling better, consider helping out a dog rescue group. (Foster a dog, help on adoption days, etc.)

For now, just heal as best you can.

Take care,

Audrey

nursebonnie
on 6/18/15 4:44 am
VSG on 08/19/14

My deepest sympathy to you. We lost our beloved Muffy, a goldendoodle, last week. The pain is intense and the grief is hard work. Knowing you were a good, loving human to your beloved Cairn will help. I  can tell you it does ease up and you will be able to think of your dog with happiness. Now ,the pain can be devastating and physically painful for your gut and heart. All I can send is love and prayers for peace for you.

Most Active
Recent Topics