So sad, but I find I'm one of them

(deactivated member)
on 6/17/15 1:38 pm

For years and years I have eaten my way through stress and sadness. It's how I coped.

I always wanted to be one of those who lost my appetite during those times. I always thought it was "normal". Turns out it is. The common response to major stress and sadness is often a constriction of involuntary muscles.

I've been working through a lot of the emotional garbage I've toted around for years in the eating department. Today, I find, I am one of those people.

I lost my beloved little Cairn today. I'm beyond sad. I have such a tightness in my gut. For an hour or so this morning I felt like everything was being squeezed up into my throat. I have yet to eat. I should try, but I just don't want to.

I'm grateful for my sleeve. Without it, I wouldn't be on this journey and allowing myself to feel the grief over the loss of my little buddy. I'd be eating to stuff down the feelings.

Bufflehead
on 6/17/15 1:44 pm - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my dog last month and I know how hard it is. I felt so ill, I didn't want to eat, either. (((hugs)))

(deactivated member)
on 6/17/15 4:02 pm

Thank you. I'm so sorry about your dog. It is very hard.

psren13
on 6/17/15 2:28 pm - NC
VSG on 03/11/15

So sad..I am so sorry for your loss.  I am a dog person also and they are not just dogs or pets but family members.  (I had a cairn for several years and my daughter brought home a pitt that dealt with it for about 3 months then decided that she wanted to be the only dog and killed my Sasha).   It is a very devastating event when one passes.  My heart goes out to you.  

(deactivated member)
on 6/17/15 4:03 pm

Thank you so much.

Ms Shell
on 6/17/15 2:40 pm - Hawthorne, CA

So sorry for your loss =( 

(deactivated member)

Thanks, Ms. Shell.

MaryEllen OntheEastCoast
on 6/17/15 3:06 pm - CT

So sorry about your dog.  It is heartbreaking to lose them, just devastating.  Best wishes.

(deactivated member)

Thank you.

ThinLizzy
on 6/17/15 3:41 pm

Oh, no, I'm so very very sad to hear this. I know how horrible you must feel--I wish I could give you a hug. You gave your buddy the best possible doggy life, filled with love--hold on to that!

Lizanne

Most Active
Recent Topics