Swollen, hard stomach - 1 1/2 years out.

Michelle46
on 6/16/15 7:13 pm

I'm 1 1/2 years out and recently went on antibiotics for two days for what they thought was pneumonia but then decided was asthma.  The antibiotics caused an allergic reaction (swollen tongue, lips, eyes) and I had to take benedryl for a couple of days and now Reactin as I'm still having swelling problems (probably all the meds I'm on).  So my stomach has been through the ringer and tends to be quite sensitive to start with. I haven't been very hungry but still eating because I'm below goal and don't want to lose more weight so trying to maintain as much as possible.  

Today my stomach (my whole stomach area not just where my sleeve is) has been feeling overly full and bloated even when it shouldn't have any food in it (at the mid point of the hour after eating and before drinking).  I took some Gas-X thinking maybe I was holding some gas but that didn't do anything.  Few hours later took some probiotics that I would normally take when my digestion seems off and have for a long while since after my surgery.  I waited awhile and went to eat dinner and my first bite going down felt weird.  I happened to put my hand on my stomach (the gap just in between the front of my rib cage) and noticed it was bloated and hard. I walked, put a heating bag on it and alternately massaged it and had a little gas pass but nothing substantial.  The hardness has come down some and I'm hearing lots of noises in my lower intestine especially but I still feel quite full (I ended up finishing my small dinner).

I have no nausea or burping, except for feeling really bloated I feel fine.

BTW I'm being treated for acute allergies and asthma with two inhalers in addition to the allergy meds.  Also take Nexium daily (been just moved up to twice a day) and use PecidAC as a backup (took one earlier today).

Has anyone else had experience with this or have any suggestions if I should be worried or doing anything?  The constant over full feeling has me worried...that and my stomach popping like an over inflated balloon :)

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

(deactivated member)
on 6/17/15 12:08 am

Honestly, it sounds like GI distress. I've had that awful bloated, hard, uncomfortable feeling both before and after the sleeve. I still would check with my PCP or surgeon just to be on the safe side.

Hislady
on 6/17/15 5:16 pm - Vancouver, WA

I would also check with your PCP or even your surgeon just because it could be so many things and it won't help to treat the wrong thing.

Oneillch
on 6/17/15 8:58 pm
VSG on 02/04/15

You may want to check with your pharmacist & see if either of your inhalers has a steroid that could be a contributing factor to your swelling. 

Most Active
Recent Topics