24 hours from surgery.... Nailbiting time. :)

letsdance
on 6/16/15 12:24 pm

Will do!!!! Thanks.

letsdance
on 6/29/15 5:44 am

Surgery all done and now I am working on the 1 -2 ounce fluid intake every 15 minutes. What a real challenge if you work outside in the heat and need to just drink an 8 ounce glass of cold water. :)

I am on my way though and have lost 28 lbs so far. This includes my lose from pre surgery diet until now. I will be two weeks out from surgery Wednesday and have lost almost 15 since the surgery. Of course considering only liquids are allowed, I would be surprised if the weight did not come off. :)

I will post some pictures later. Still struggling with my own self image at the moment so hopefully within a couple of months, I will be ready to share. :)

Michelle1975_
on 7/1/15 3:35 am - Bronx, NY

Great !!!! My surgery was done on the 23 rd !!! I'm starving , dreaming about food. 

But I'm sticking with it , today I see my doctor hopefully I can go on puréed food. 

Keep me posted 

letsdance
on 7/1/15 5:08 am

Hi Michelle

I have not been starving except when my granddaughter prepares food that was one of my favorites and I only want it because I remember how it taste. I have figured out that the smaller stomach is not creating hunger but the mind will do that from memory. :)

I was in yesterday for my post op and all is perfect! I was advanced to pureed food but about 3 teaspoonful is all your stomach can hold....LOL I love it. I made some instant potatoes for my first attempt and it was funny when my stomach maxed out. I had at leave 4 more spoons left and laughed at the irony of it all.

I am planning to begin my exercise program next week. I had the sleeve surgery but also had my gall bladder removed because of gallstones and I had a hiatal hernia that was also repaired. Along with that, as if it was not enough, I had a lot of scar tissue from a previous cancer surgery that had to be removed to get it all done. But I am two weeks out and just fine. The doctor was sort of surprised how well I am doing. I have never been one to just slow down because of a bit of surgery. :-D  

Hope they let your food advance soon. :) hang in there, the hunger is a state of mind so remember that.

gettingreal
on 6/16/15 12:02 pm

Prayers sent for both of you - it will be fine!  You got this!!

Kathy S.
on 6/16/15 2:32 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active
Recent Topics