STUCK..NOT A STALL.. BODY IS STUCK AND I DISAGREE

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/19/15 9:16 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Most of us see quick, constant loss for the first few months, and then things slow WAY down. It's totally common to see no movement on the scale for a week or two (or more), and many people see their loss as more of a "stairstep" pattern than a consistent slide downwards.

Are you taking physical measurements? It's also common for the scale to remain the same, but to lose inches as your body composition changes.

If you've been "stuck" for a week and a half, there is no need to change anything. It might be a good idea if you haven't seen change in a month or more, but at this point I doubt you have anything to worry about.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

psren13
on 6/19/15 1:56 pm - NC
VSG on 03/11/15

My weight loss has been the stair-step.  Looks pretty cool on the graph actually.  I stopped and figured the math last night and I still have lost 10lbs so far this month.  Quit your complaining Pam.. I say to myself.  Yes I take my measurements and have lost about 7 inches on my waist so far.  I have always been thick waisted though.  (No hourglass figure for me).  

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/19/15 2:05 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

10 pounds is fabulous! Bet you couldn't have done that before surgery and kept it off, go you!

I'm the same way, built like a board! I have gotten a bit more of a defined waist as I lost more weight, though-- it finally felt noticeable when I hit a size 8 or so :)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Amyawesomeness
on 6/22/15 4:32 pm

Sometimes the scale doesn't move but you lose inches. Our bodies do strange things. Don't let the scale become what determines weight loss, if your clothes are loose then something is changing. Try some measurements, you'll be amazed.

Most Active
Recent Topics