Large and small NSVs

psychoticparrot
on 6/18/15 7:27 am

At 5 months post-op, I've experienced most of the NSVs reported here, but there are a few tiny ones that have marked my progress as well. I can now push my shopping cart into the checkout lane and can easily squeeze to the front of the cart to unload it. I can take a shower without going through a circus act to get clean. 

But the big NSV for me is that I can play with my 7-year-old grandson without fatigue. I can sit on the floor with him AND get back up easily. 5 months ago, I couldn't have done that without someone hauling on me to get me back up. I'm at my son's house for the next week, and my grandson and I plan to go swimming, to the zoo, and, of course, a trip to the toy store. I can't describe the joy this gives me.

I still have a way to go, weightwise, but already my life has changed immensely for the better. 

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

ChubbyHubby82
on 6/18/15 7:47 am
VSG on 07/06/15

I cannot wait to be able to walk around the store with a cart and go grocery shopping. 

Ready2goNOW
on 6/18/15 8:06 am

So encouraging. I have a 13 yr old g'daughter I want to be able to clothes shop with w/out rushing her b/c I can't stand or travel to more than 1 place at a time.

I still can't get down...let alone UP from the floor.

You've done a great job!

Kathy

psychoticparrot
on 6/18/15 11:44 am

Thanks for the kudos. I've never particularly liked shopping and cooking, but now that I can stand and walk without exhaustion and debilitating lower back pain, I'm enjoying the heck out of these chores. I'm actually thankful. I knew from this site that such dramatic improvements were possible, but words just can't do justice to the actual experience. Let us all know when it happens for you.

psychoticparrot

Tracy D.
on 6/19/15 9:21 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

These NSVs make me smile! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active
Recent Topics