Things I've been noticing & questions

Oneillch
on 6/13/15 6:23 pm
VSG on 02/04/15
happyteacher
on 6/13/15 8:26 pm

Avoid popcorn- it is a total slider food. Especially avoid movie theater popcorn. Smoothies... I guess I am a little confused. You say you cannot have liquid calories, yet are inquiring about smoothies? Don't get me wrong- my tone is very gentle! I make smoothies all of the time myself, so I totally get it. For the mornings... my best days always started with a shake. Can't do a shake, my next go to was adding chocolate protein powder to the morning coffee. Smoothies- I love them, but they made me hungry a little later for some reason. I would use a vanilla protein powder, ice cubes, frozen berries low on the glycemic index,  dannon lite greek yogurt, and crystal light. Green leafy veggies for fiber and I used a product with the brand name of fibergourment- they have cinnamon crackers (sweet) and cheese crackers... 60 calories per bag, 11 grams fiber, 4 grams protein. And really yummy!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Lillydivine
on 6/13/15 3:08 pm, edited 6/13/15 3:17 pm
VSG on 04/13/15

In the beginning, I was drinking protein shakes. They became to sweet for me. I have a hard time eating food in the mornings. This would go way back to when I was a kid. One side effect of the surgery for me now is a very low tolerance for sweet things. So the protein shakes were out. I started making my own unsweetened protein fruit smoothies that would go down easier in the mornings. Recently, at my doctor/NUT appt., they said no more protein shakes or liquid calories. They want my actual protein to come from solid food as opposed to liquids. I'm basically lost with the solid food for breakfast thing. I thought I was doing well with the smoothies myself because something was going down into my tummy. The smoothies I have pretty much sound like the same ones you had.

I am going to have to try those cracker snacks. Man, they sound good.

Rats to the no popcorn. I love popcorn.

Height 5ft 2in / Highest Weight 277lbs / Surgery April 13, 2015 / Surgery Weight 270lbs / Current Weight 230lbs / Goal 130ibs

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 6/13/15 10:44 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

My surgeon was also not too crazy about the protein supplements and told me to graduate to real food and try to get my protein in that way. It took me about a year though.

I also can't do sweet protein shakes so I would drown my protein powder in two cups of coffee and that cut the sweetness and the thickness right down. With ice its an iced coffee! 

Hmmm popcorn..yummm..but no, better not go there. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Most Active
Recent Topics