11 days out from surgery and really hungry

akanikkie
on 6/12/15 10:31 am
VSG on 04/27/15

All of these suggestions are perfect.  I struggled with a lot of head hunger at different times in my first 6 weeks.  Yesterday I realized I have been eating too much and not drinking enough.  It's tough to always tell what it is you really want because many of us have had distorted relationships with food for a long time.  I totally agree with following exactly what your doctor tells you to do.  They have the best history of what works and doesnt work.  When we start meddling and getting creative, it's so easy to fall back into bad habits we had pre-surgery and convince ourselves we know best.  I am saying all of this to myself as much as to you.  I need to say it out loud so I will follow it!  Wishing you the best.  You and i can both conquer our demons!

HW: 448; SW: 376; CW: 321

Julie81
on 6/12/15 10:06 pm

I remember the misery!!! I was PMS my first week post op so that made my hunger way worse!! All I wanted to do was eat solids. Yes I agree the stomach acid and head hunger play a role.. But at the end of the day.. Your body just went through major surgery and trauma. Your used to eating how much you ate pre op.. And despite what they say about removing the hunger hormone.. Personally I think that's impossible! I mean some people say they loose their hunger.. Not me.. I never did. Day 2 in the hospital.. After my first broth and sorbet.. I was ready for steak and a salad. Hang in there.. Once you can eat solids you'll feel so much better!

VSG 2/11/15 with David Lautz

Most Active
Recent Topics