Whatcha eating today VSGers...Thursday!!

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 6/11/15 6:15 am, edited 6/11/15 6:17 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

B:  Premier Protein chocolate shake with a shot of Miralax

L:  Crack slow with half of a spinach brownie

S:  Dannon Light & Fit Key Lime Greek yogurt

D:  Chicken Italian sausage and spinach brownie half

S:  Handful of raspberries

W/V:  On schedule

E:  30 minute walk (1.25 miles) during lunch, 2-3 mile walk/jog later tonight.  

Challenging myself to step out of my comfort zone has been beneficial to my mental health.  I used to despise group activities/classes because I was sure everyone was staring at me.  How egocentric can I be?  I took a Qi Gong class and despite looking like a total klutz, I loved it.  There were older women in the class who were very supportive.  I can't wait until the next session starts up.  I used to avoid my company picnic because it was a lot of walking (it's usually held at an amusement park) and I couldn't fit into the rides.  Now I have complete confidence that there's no ride I can't do.  I'm going on every single bloody rollercoaster and will enjoy them until I puke 

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

GooseGirl
on 6/11/15 5:26 pm
VSG on 10/30/14 with

GeekMonster, I find your words inspiring. I really hope that if I keep challenging my mental preconceptions that I too will gain the same confidence that you have. 

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 6/12/15 12:38 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Thank you for your kind words.  When you feel better physically, it seems to help you feel better emotionally/mentally.  Just doing "things" reinforces to me that I made the right decision to have WLS.  Otherwise I would still be sitting in a chair watching the world pass me by.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Most Active
Recent Topics