Whatcha eating today VSGers...Thursday!!

rumpole6
on 6/11/15 6:59 am

Thats good advice, Goosegirl.  I'll be on my first vacation post-op and I just realized how much of an easier time I will have getting in and out of boats!. Really looking forward to not making a fool of myself. Also I need to confess that my commitment to you all for dinner fell apart, but I dealt with it much better than I had the previous night. Tonight's dinner plan is also tenuous because it is not in my control as I am not planning on cooking, but I have 3 good options available.

B: Turkey sausage patties, babybel cheddar, coffee, cream

L; Dijon salmon salad, 1/2 banana

S: Dannon Light and Fit Gree Yogurt

D: either (taco meat, cheese,salsa if my daughter cooks like she says she will OR Left over roast beef salad (I will whip this up if necessary) OR greek yogurt and granola

W: on track

E: on track

V: on track

Preop Diet 10/4/14; Sleeve: 10/13/14

GooseGirl
on 6/11/15 8:46 am
VSG on 10/30/14 with

Good job on planning to have options for dinner in case things don't go as planned. I admire that forethought. 

GoBlueGirl1998
on 6/11/15 7:24 am - MI

You're making me think and at first I thought I have no embarrassments! Well that is a lie! Next weekend I'll be going with my girlfriends to a little island in the middle of lake Erie to golf, fish and lots of pool time! I'm embarrassed to be in a bathing suit & wear shorts and short skirts. I have lymphadema in my left leg and it my insecurity. I should just be happy I have two functioning legs that get me from A to B or that let me run! Its my own insecurity and I'll always be working on it! Thank for making me think this morning! lol! 

B: Special K with protein

S: 1/2 spinach pie minus the crust

L: Greek Salad with Dinner

D: Eggs & Turkey Sausage

S: Sugar free Popsicle

E - counting my two hours of yard work tonight

W & V - on track

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

GooseGirl
on 6/11/15 8:48 am
VSG on 10/30/14 with

I get where you are coming from on the bathing suits and shorts thing. I bought a couple of new swimsuits but I haven't worn them yet. In my weird way of thinking, if I'm not happy with how I look in a suit then I can always blame in on the poor fitting suit, right? I'm out of excuses though if I wear a swimsuit that actually fits. 

GoBlueGirl1998
on 6/11/15 8:51 am - MI

I'll wear the shorts to golf in, but I won't be confident! I'll wear the bathing suit because I love water and it's really freakinh cute, big again I won't be confident. I'll be confident Y night in my boyfriend jeans and cute tops or my maxi dresses!! I like blaming the bathing suit on the fit! ;)

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

cappy11448
on 6/11/15 7:32 am

I'm still trying to be good, but yesterday I had tremendous hunger and cravings all day.  I really don't want to gain weight, but I have not been succeeding at following the plan!

Breakfast - salmon

Lunch - crustless mushroom quiche

Lunch2 - chicken and broccoli casserole

dinner - pulled pork and broccoli slaw

snack - strawberries, if I need a snack

vitamins - on track

water - good

exercise - weight training and recumbent bike

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

GooseGirl
on 6/11/15 8:50 am
VSG on 10/30/14 with

I HATE those days where you struggle with hunger and cravings all day. It makes things so tough with sticking to plan. I try to remind myself that 'hunger isn't an emergency" but it is tough and I'm probably only about a 50% success rate (maybe not even that high).

wyo_sarah
on 6/11/15 7:59 am

That is a good question.  I'm embarrassed by my skin.  I faithful wear my body shaper every day because of it.  One thing I thought would embarrass me that doesn't is talking about WLS and my journey.  I'm very open about how I lost weight and I love it when people comment about my weight loss.  Last weekend it was a dad at cub scouts who mentioned that I had lost weight and looked good.  It is funny because people are afraid they are being rude, but I love it!

Today my challenge is stress.  I'm a stress eater and I'm really, really stressed.  I'm spending today sitting in our not as busy business so it will be a lot of down time and I will have plenty of time to focus on the things that are stressful.  I had to bring my food with me and I did well... except I also brought a bag of kettle corn and I shouldn't have.  That was really stupid.  I have already eaten some. 

B: Light and Fit Greek yogurt with granola

L: mozzarella with prosciutto and basil and a some Wheat Thins

D: we're going to a BBQ so I'm assuming a hamburger minus the bun and some fruit

S: kettle corn :(

V: started

W: behind already

E: strength building tonight and hopefully some during the day while I'm bored 

GooseGirl
on 6/11/15 8:56 am
VSG on 10/30/14 with

I have a feeling that I will eventually get to a point where I'm not happy with my skin. I'm already noticing some lack of satisfaction with the skin on my thighs. I will be curious to see where things end up when I finally reach goal. Plastic surgery is something that I am very likely to pursue at some point in the future (although I am pretty darn scared of the pain). 

To deal with stress is it an option for you to take a walk for a few minutes when you are tempted to grab some food? 

wyo_sarah
on 6/11/15 9:00 am

I've heard that plastic surgery is very painful.  But, I figure, I've come this far and worked this hard, some more pain is going to be worth it.

I can't really go for a walk, unfortunately.  I'm stuck here in this office in case I have any walk in customers.  I'm thinking I may do some jumping jacks, squats, or things like that.  I was up super late because I had a very stressful night dealing with a renter who is way behind and then started posting crap about me on facebook.  So, I'm really, really tired.  I need some exercise so I don't fall asleep.

Most Active
Recent Topics