It hurts when I eat or drink!

smartie_pants
on 6/13/15 4:46 am - Phoenix, AZ

I'm 4.5 years out, and for the last several months when I eat or drink anything, I have a heartburn kind of pain in my stomach. I haven't taken anything for it. I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

"The most important work you will ever do will be within the walls of your own home"  Harold B. Lee

Chilipepper
on 6/13/15 4:58 am

You could have an ulcer. I think you need to go back on Prevecid and see if that helps. If you don't start to feel better contact your surgeon. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

mickeymantle
on 6/13/15 10:20 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

I think you need to talk to your doctor maybe go for an endoscope

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Jp2lose
on 6/13/15 3:49 pm - Omaha, NE
I'm 5 years out and have been having a pain in my upper stomach about 4-5 times a week after I eat. I'm going to try a round of Prevacid to see if it helps. I don't have the typical heartburn acid feeling, so I really don't think this is it though. I've been doing some reading and it sounds like if it is an ulcer it would feel better after I eat, not hurt right after I eat. Sounds more like a gallbladder symptom, which I really hope it isn't!

Somedude
on 6/14/15 2:24 am
VSG on 10/31/13

Don't suffer in silence go see your GP, could be nothing or it could be something that needs taking care of.

Most Active
Recent Topics