Arbonne protein shakes

JoeyJo
on 6/11/15 11:19 am - NJ

A friend whose husband died recently is selling Arbonne.  I would like to help her out, but am answering my own question before I even ask you guys... No. 

Arbonne sells protein powder, purported to be super healthy, clean and delicious.  After reviewing the nutritional information, I see too many carbs but maybe I am wrong, because I they are "healthy" carbs, "net carbs" or whatever the proper lingo is.  http://www.arbonnemarketing.com/download/nutrition/2069-2070-2073-2074_us_eng.pdf

I'll look through her book to find something else, maybe shampoo, and I'll make shakes for my son with her samples.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/11/15 12:00 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Yeah, these have 14g carbs and 9g sugar, whereas something like Premier Protein has more protein and only 5g carbs, 1g sugar.

It does get a TON of positive reviews on Amazon, oddly enough, but the skeptic in me wonders if it's all fake stuff from the folks who're stuck in MLM hell.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Tracy D.
on 6/11/15 12:32 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Important question to ask: what is the protein source?  Is it 100% whey protein isolate? That's what you should be getting.  If yes, where do they source it from?  If it comes from China or even partially comes from China - steer clear!  

Chinese whey protein is known for containing high amounts of lead and arsenic.  No bueno! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Luvmygs
on 6/11/15 2:11 pm
VSG on 12/04/14

Their protein powder is high in carbs. I do use their Arbonne Fiber Boost = 3 grams of net carbs/12 grams of fiber (good stuff). My Vanilla Ice Cream Quattro Magnum protein only contains 1 gram of net carbs, 30 grams of protein. Arbonne has wonderful skin and eye creams!

White Dove
on 6/12/15 8:08 pm - Warren, OH

You won't go wrong with any Arbonne product.   Vegan protein powders are becoming very popular.  I would try the sample and see if you like it. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
Recent Topics