Undecided Pre-Sleever for 50 lb weight loss

dforre_50
on 6/10/15 4:22 pm

YOU are awesome and you are on your way.  You are now helping others in their journey.  I am scared I admit even though I am months away and I too have supporters and non-supporters, but being here on this website I know will help me to hear from others like yourself.  Thank you, really.

Beverly H.
on 6/11/15 5:32 am
VSG on 05/20/15

I am three weeks post op and you just summed up exactly how it's been for me. It gets better every day. I am off of all diabetes meds and high blood pressure meds which is why I had the surgery.

dforre_50
on 6/10/15 1:49 pm

I'm hearing the "you're not that heavy" but they also don't know that I am having knee and foot pain due to the excessive weight on my small frame.  I'm seeing the benefits, reading everyone's stories here and on YouTube.  I'm also reading a couple books, The Emotional First Aid Kit, and The Sleeved Life, both have been helpful. I'm trying to get my body in gear beforehand, so that I can also be prepared mentally in September.  Thanks for all your feedback.

Caligirl05
on 6/10/15 2:09 pm

Hi there! I am new too and I haven't had surgery yet either. But, we have similar stats, I'm 5 feet tall and have about 50 pounds to lose also. My husband knows about my decision and is supportive. My surgeon thinks I'm a good candidate. So, with my surgeon and my husband on my side, I am moving forward with what I know to be my best option for me, which is the sleeve. I have some family members that I know would be VERY against this so I am choosing not to tell them. It will be hard because we talk about everything (usually) but I just don't need to hear the negative comments right now. I'm doing me, and it's truly none of their business.  Search your own heart. If you and your surgeon agree that it's a good option, then I say do what's right for you and ignore the rest! I wish you the best of luck! 

dforre_50
on 6/10/15 2:56 pm

Ok then we can take this journey together!  I also have a supportive husband and friends, it's the family circle that opposes, but I will do what's best for me.  I will keep you all posted.

TexasTerritory
on 6/10/15 10:41 pm
VSG on 07/22/13
Trust yourself to make the best decisions. I'm short and wanted to avoid all of the potential co-morbidities that I was facing. I am so healthy now.

Zee Starrlite
on 6/12/15 11:52 am

Take care of you. How awesome would it be if your medical issues cleared post VSG!  50lbs  is a lot of pounds for your height and will make a hell of a difference to your overall quality of life if you get those pounds off.  You'll feel 32 instead of 52!

I wish you the best,

Layla

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Most Active
Recent Topics