First ever post, first day of pre-op diet.

kherb43
on 6/11/15 9:38 am
VSG on 06/25/15

I'm using EAS AdvantEdge chocolate fudge.  My dr. recommended it.  Ordered it on Amazon.

28paws
on 6/11/15 4:34 pm

I didn't have a choice unfortunately. My doctor has me on Optifast.  I was using Premier shakes prior to beginning my preop diet and I loved them!  Optifast is just not very good. If anyone has to use them I'd suggest going with Vanilla and Chocolate... The strawberry is gross.  They don't have 1/2 the protein that Premier has and they have the same calories- not sure if it's a money maker for the doctors or what, but the only plus is I'm not craving more of them!

FuturePinUp
on 6/11/15 9:02 am

I am having surgery the day after you (the 24th!) and am on Day 2 of my liquid diet. Honestly, it's...bearable. It sucks but it's not as terrible as I envisioned it to be. What's keeping me motivated is knowing that two weeks is just a blip on the calendar and soon enough, I'll be getting results! I'm also excited about the weight loss that is sure to come with my liquid, drastically reduced diet.

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

Cliff P.
on 6/12/15 3:39 am
VSG on 03/12/15

Everybody's experience is a bit different but to me the liver srinking diet pre op was the pits. My goal was 102 lbs. Lost 42 pre op rest gone by day 89 post op. There is light at the end of the tunnel and it is not a train. Just remember to drink no cal drinks and measure all food in take. All will be good.

Cliff

DW/287 SW/245 GW/185 hit at 89 day post op.. still doing the happy dance  

Most Active
Recent Topics