Body aches and a plateau

Queen_Q89
on 6/8/15 8:20 pm - FL
VSG on 02/19/15

hey guys... So I got sleeved on Feb 19,2015. I'm about 4 months post op. I've been getting the WORST body aches at bedtime, it gives me insomnia. It's like all of my bones are ready to crack! I don't eat much, but I drink lots of fluids and I take multi vitamins, calcium, iron, and fiber. I try and get in mostly meats so that I get a good amount of protein, but it's probably not as much as I should be getting in. I do not drink protein shakes at all. Has anyone had this kind of ache? What can I do to soothe it? I lost about 35 pounds in my first two months after surgery, since May my weight has remained constant! Is this normal?

mynew_2015
on 6/9/15 6:03 am

I have been experiencing the exact same feeling. My surgery was 6/1/2015, and I wake up achy and sore every morning. I take a sleep aid which helps me to fall asleep; however I wake up sometimes with the soreness in the middle of the morning. I've lost 13 lbs this week.

spuddzy
on 6/9/15 7:51 am - NY

in eply to body aches and plateau..that would be me. I was sleeved 6 mos. ago and have not last weight. I saw my doc last week and asked him how many cal should I take in a day. his reply was do you exercise. because of my pains I haven't done much but he said it doesn't matter if you eat and don't move it will stall your weight. So even though I cant do what id like to Im doing more. I see you don't do shags. I goto the vitamin store or GNC and buy the Quest protein bars. 20-25 gr. protein low cal. low carb low sugar. I use them not everyday but when I don't have a shake and need a meal replacement. they have a large varity.  Doc. was pleased with me I lost 60% of my body weight. I need to push myself so I can reach my goal.. I take pain meds for my spine. I have 23 rods and screws and fused in most of spine, so I understand whee your coming from....

spuddzy

Most Active
Recent Topics