H Pylori Testing

Sarah M.
on 6/9/15 5:11 pm - San Francisco Bay Area, CA
VSG on 01/19/15

Hi,

Like many others who posted above, they did a biopsy of the portion of my stomach that was removed and it showed I had H Pylori.  My surgeon gave me a Rx for antibiotics & Prevacid (it was like 15 pills a day for 14 days...), but I never took them b/c I didn't want to take that many pills & antibiotics freak me out.  

BIG MISTAKE.  A few months later, I ended up in the E.R. with what I THOUGHT was dehydration from the flu.  I couldn't keep anything down for over a day, so I went in just to make sure everything was okay.  It turns out the H Pylori was out of control in my duodenum (which they knew by comparing a CT Scan to a CT Scan around the time of my VSG.)  I ended up staying in the hospital for a few days on IV fluids & antibiotics.  Hmmm.... perhaps I don't know better than my surgeon...  

Long post made short, get the test (or get your stomach biopsied post surgery) and do what your doctor says.  The post-antibiotic yeast infection was MUCH less painful than the H Pylori  infection...

VSG 1/19/15 | HW: 262 | SW: 255 | CW: 146 (3/20/16)

Most Active
Recent Topics