Monkfruit Concentrate as a sweetner

hillgurl
on 6/8/15 12:24 pm
VSG on 04/29/15

So thought it was true before but now I know I can't deal w/ aspartame. It taste gross and makes me feel really yucky. Has started to eat regular foods in moderation but think its time to nip that bad habit in the bud before it gets outta control. So w/ a bit of research found a couple stevia of course but also saw monkfruit concentrate. Has anyone tried this? Are there anymore good ones?

Gwen M.
on 6/8/15 3:37 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

I have found that monkfruit affects my body like HFCS does - i.e., it gives me horrible diarrhea.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

psren13
on 6/9/15 6:25 am - NC
VSG on 03/11/15

I've tried Coconut Crystals.  Has a slightly different flavor and not as sweet but is natural. No negative after effects like Splenda gave me.  Found it at Walmart, Amazon, online nutrition store sites.  

psychoticparrot
on 6/9/15 8:14 am

This is a little off topic, as I know nothing about monkfruit sweetener. From my own past experience, I'm avoiding sweeteners of all kinds, caloric or non-caloric. They tend to trigger my sweet tooth cravings. If sweets are a problem for you, that might be the best way to go. Just sayin' is all.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

psychoticparrot
on 6/9/15 8:16 am

This is a little off topic, as I know nothing about monkfruit sweetener. From my own past experience, I'm avoiding sweeteners of all kinds, caloric or non-caloric. They tend to trigger my sweet tooth cravings. If sweets are a problem for you, that might be the best way to go. Just sayin' is all.

psychoticparrot

psychoticparrot
on 6/9/15 8:16 am

psychoticparrot

Most Active
Recent Topics