The one freak out factor...

Clare1043
on 6/8/15 11:31 pm
with

Scheduled for surgery on 6/15.  Conversion from band, which was a disaster.

Somehow, even after reading all the material about the sleeve, I missed one thing:  didn't realize they actually cut the excess stomach away and take it out. 

I don't know why, but that has me just a little freaked.  Still seems better than the horizontal pouch and rerouting the intestines but... still a little freaky.

Anyone else feel that way pre-op?  The anxiety goes away, right?  Yes?  Right???

-Clare

-Clare

"Had we but world enough and time..."

"Made a difference for that one..."

Cuparian
on 6/9/15 9:19 am
VSG on 05/13/15

The anxiety GOES AWAY  :-)  you have a lot to focus on post op and no point on focusing on something that is gone :-) put all that focus on using what is left to best of your ability with all the help and advice you will find here

HW 380 SW 352.5

etiedeman
on 6/9/15 9:58 am

I was actually scheduled for the RNY and freaked out about it and changed to Sleeve. I'm very happy with my choice, although it is VERY permanent. I'm now 8 weeks post-op and am still thinking "What the hell did I do?!?!" but I keep reminding myself that my stomach will stretch some more (not to the size it was pre-op), and that my current mushy-food-blues will be over soon. It's been a huge adjustment, but I'm getting there. I have to remember that I can't shop like a "fat girl" anymore. If I try to load my fridge like I used to, I wind up throwing it all away. I've found one take-out place that has a great tofu/chicken/peas/carrots stew type thing. I order it on Monday evening and it lasts me the rest of the week!!!!

Age: 33; Height: 5'7"; VSG 4/14/15; HW: 344lbs (Jan '15); SW: 330lbs; GW#1: 170lbs 

Scott S.
on 6/9/15 12:49 pm - TX

The anxiety will go away.  Your body adjusts after some time and you will forget about the capacity for sure.

Be prepared also for the.... "WTF did I just do to myself" conversation that you may have with yourself.  This will all pass when you look at the scale and start seeing the progress!

Good luck next week!

VSG: 8/8/13 

Bufflehead
on 6/9/15 12:58 pm - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

My giant stomach never did me any favors. I am glad it's gone! Obesity is a disease I have fought my entire life. I need a life-long tool to help me. If someone tried to perform surgery on me to give me the rest of my stomach back I would flee to a friendly country and claim asylum on the grounds of human rights violations and persecution.

Most Active
Recent Topics