Whatcha eating today VSGers...Monday!!

GooseGirl
on 6/8/15 7:37 am
VSG on 10/30/14 with

It's the start of another week. Happy Monday :) My mental health doctor is challenging me to expand my potential activities beyond walking (in case my knee won't really hold up). I'm in need of suggestions. What is your favorite exercise or activity? 

B: Carbmaster chocolate milk/protein shake (pre/post workout)

S: 1 oz chicken

L: Breakfast "enchilada" 

S: Beef Jerky

D: either morning star black bean burger or chicken tenders. I will see what I feel like at that time

E: Boot camp this morning and a fitness class this evening

W&V: On track

Whose next? and bring on those activity suggestions...   

Gwen M.
on 6/8/15 8:01 am
VSG on 03/13/14

My favorites are yoga and pilates.  Both can vary drastically by teacher, so it's worth it to try a different instructor if you don't like the first one.  The type of pilates I prefer is called Stott, but I've liked every type of yoga I've tried.  Swimming is great and low impact for joints.  The elliptical is also great for joint issues.  

I forget - are you doing any sort of physical therapy to strengthen your knee?  I'd definitely investigate that if you haven't!  

So.. 

I'm going to try and be participatory again.  We'll see how that goes.  I'm home until Wednesday and then I'm up in PA Thursday through the following Wednesday.  Hopefully chemo will start the week after that and then, the week after that, I'm in Norway for a week.  

I've been having hip pain for about a month now - possibly from Aikido?  So I'm taking a bit of a break from running since the impact really aggravates it.  I've got an appointment with the Orthopedist on the 19th and, hopefully, we can figure things out.  In the meantime, I've got a Bowflex!!!!  And I used it for the first time yesterday which was great.  So I'll do that instead of running while my hip recovers.  

1: frankenshake
2: leftover cheesesteak (I found out that Wawa mayo has HFCS in it, WTF, so that severely limited my options.  I went with a cheesesteak instead and it is lasting me 4 meals.. this will be #3.)  
3: slow cooker leftover chipotle catering concoction (I think I'll be using the last of the sofritas and steak plus some more beans, mild salsa, and some corn salsa.  After this it'll just be beans and rice left.)  

liquids and vites: on track
exercise: 30 minutes yoga (15 min morning stretches for back pain, 15 min twist & align for back pain)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

GooseGirl
on 6/8/15 10:33 am
VSG on 10/30/14 with

Hiya Gwen! Good to "see" you. Yep, I'm doing physical therapy and will continue with that. I tend to think that my mental health doctor is being overly cautious but I wonder if that is just because I am resistant to a lot of other exercise options. Since I wasn't certain I decided to explore some other options while still pushing forward with my knee/hip issues and take that as far as I can. 

I hope you get some good info from the Ortho and can get back to running. Good for you for finding an alternative to utilize in the meantime. That is definitely something that I struggle with doing. 

I really like Yoga too and definitely feel better when I am making that a regular practice. For some unknown reason I have really struggled with incorporating that into my schedule on a recurring basis. That is something I need to work on improving. 

Gwen M.
on 6/10/15 6:02 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

I'm having the same issue with meditation.  When I'm with my parents, I have no problem meditating every night - probably since I'm going to bed alone.  When I'm home?  I just can't seem to be reliable with it. :(

Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

wyo_sarah
on 6/8/15 8:26 am

I prefer swimming. And I try to stay active with me kids...playing in the yard, gardening, playing catch.

We had a great weekend at Cub Scout camp and gardening. It was the first time in about 15 years I've slept in a tent. I did eat a s'more and it was delicious. We made them with peanut butter cups instead of chocolate. I felt pretty good about it because I only had one. This time last year I would have had 5 or 6.

B: left over Mexican pork with a diced jalapeño, beans and cheese. I was going to put the pork and jalapeño in a scrambled egg but realized I had too much for that.

L: I'm not sure. My schedule is messed up so I'll probably have to have fast food. 

D: Not sure about this either. I'm hoping left over brisket at my Mom's.

Vitamins: I forgot this morning

Water: behind

Exercise: strength building exercises tonight and hopefully a walk with my hubby.

GooseGirl
on 6/8/15 10:35 am
VSG on 10/30/14 with

Swimming is something my doctor really recommends for me; especially given my joint problems. I wish I could figure out why I have such a mental block towards it. I LOVE the pool so you would think it would be a no brainer but for some reason it is not. Maybe it's because I equate being at the pool with lazing around in the sun and complete and total relaxation as opposed to exercise? I don't really know and wish I could figure it out.

Congrats on sticking with just 1 s'mores! I think it's great that you were able to participate but still kept it very portion controlled. 

Gwen M.
on 6/8/15 10:39 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I'm the SAME WAY with the pool.  For me, being in the pool = goofing off.  I can't wrap my head around doing dedicated exercise in a pool.  

But maybe water aerobics might be a happy medium?

wyo_sarah
on 6/8/15 11:24 am

I was on the swim team from age 5 to 17 so that is probably why it is exercise to me. And, I live in Wyoming so we don't "laze around the pool in the sunshine". HAHA

GooseGirl
on 6/8/15 10:41 am
VSG on 10/30/14 with

Your breakfast sounds delish! 

wyo_sarah
on 6/8/15 11:27 am

We have this new Mexican joint that is in a bus.  It is SOOO fantastic.  I get the "3 Amigos".  It is pork in a green sauce, beef in a red sauce and then a chili relleno (not fried, but a chili with cheese in a kind of omelet) with beans and rice.  I don't eat the rice and everything else is delicious protein.  I've eaten it for four meals now.  I have one more.

Most Active
Recent Topics