Frisco- Pasta...... What???? Life Happens, Be Strong !!!!

frisco
on 6/6/15 2:59 pm

Why am I showing pasta here?

Because life happens and you have to build that solid foundation for the long haul.

My mom is recovering from a bout of bronchitis which had her hospitalized for 3 days but was sick for 2 weeks prior.

She went from 98lbs. to 90lbs.and we are slowly trying to get some weight back on her with diet and physical therapy.

From my post VSG education on nutrition and learning how to cook a few things I am able to help my mom in a way I couldn't before.

My meeting with the hospital RD went smooth as we were both on the same page for moms needs. 

So my point here is, daily I am finding myself shopping for her needs as well as mine. Am I tempted to eat the pasta, bread, noodles, rice, ice cream, cookies, cake???.... you bet ya, I've never claimed to be perfect at this and I assure you I have the same desires for food as most of you.

Some of you do this daily anyway when doing the food shopping/prep for your family. 

Stay strong, because life happens and it's not our world.... we just live in it.....

frisco

Clam, shrimp, asparagus Oglio Olio Pasta...... I made a shrimp and asparagus egg fritatta for me.

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

psychoticparrot
on 6/6/15 5:04 pm

As always, it looks delicious, frisco. I have had pasta a 2-3 times since my surgery. What I do to minimize the nutritionally empty pasta is to make it a minor component of the dish, rather than make it a star. But generally, I avoid it. Good on ya to avoid the temptation altogether.

Hope your mom makes a quick and complete recovery. 

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

frisco
on 6/6/15 8:17 pm

Not altogether.....

Had a few tastes while cooking it to get the seasoning right.....

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

IWANT2BEHEALTHY
on 6/6/15 10:28 am, edited 6/6/15 10:28 am
VSG on 03/16/15

Looks great. I hope your mom gets well soon. I would eat the shrimp and clams and asparagus. Fritatta sounds awesome. 

Ht:6'5 Start weight 427, surgery weight=362 current weight 238 goal weight unsure?

Most Active
Recent Topics