Passed my 5 year mark...

mylastchance
on 6/5/15 3:05 pm

Yep 5 years has passed.  June 2nd was my day and it still is sometimes unbelievable.  I have been able to do things that I use to sit on the sidelines for.  I never told anyone of my surgery and to this day, I am still under the radar.  I am so glad I did this,  I haven't regretted anything at all.  I have too many clothes now....it's ridiculous,  before surgery just enough to not wear the same outfit more than once every 8 days or so.....now I can go probably 8 weeks..... CRAZY!!!!  I am a happy camper.

Good luck to those who have just begun the journey and continued success to all the others.

Shari

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

drea29
on 6/5/15 5:00 pm

Thank you so much for sharing.  Congratulations on your long term success.  

mylastchance
on 6/6/15 9:15 pm

Thanks.  It still takes work and choices.  Good luck to you, wherever you are in your journey.

5' 1"

TeressaJ
on 6/5/15 7:54 pm

Wow, this is inspiring! I worry still that my weight will sneak up on me and I'll be back in the 'nightmare'. I'll be 1 year post op June 25. Congratulations!

cappy11448
on 6/5/15 9:39 pm

Congratulations on 5 years of success.  Your long-term success is inspiring.  Thanks for posting.

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

butterfly3851
on 6/5/15 9:53 pm - TX

That's encouraging!  Thanks for posting!

Congratulations!

Joanna B
on 6/6/15 5:08 am - MI
VSG on 03/12/15

Reading this inspires me!! Congratulations and thanks for posting your update!!

=]

L. Woody
on 6/6/15 5:36 am
VSG on 05/20/15

I can only pray that I will do as well as you have. 

psychoticparrot
on 6/6/15 5:27 pm

It's great to hear from "old-timers" when it comes to the sleeve. As your user name suggests, I too regard my surgery as my last chance to regain good health. Continue being a happy camper. Hope to become one myself very soon.

psychoticparrot

mylastchance
on 6/6/15 9:30 pm

I haven't been on this site in probably 2 years.  I felt 5 years is a good milestone to step back in and give my update.  I feel fortunate to have made it 5 years.  I do work hard and yes I have not been the perfect sleever,  I have had times where I have gained but then wrap my head around it all and tell myself to get back to it.  You've come way too far Shari, you've lost 100 plus lbs. don't mess this up.  Oh and you look kinda cute too....hahahahaha,  I do still have those moments of wonderment....can't believe that is my reflection in the mirror, or seeing someone I haven't seen in years and they don't recognize me...I absolutely love it.  Thanks for all the replies and words of what a great success I am.  You all are successful and on your own journey to a healthier lifestyle.  This remains tough at times,  this isn't a cure it is a helper.  I for some reason don't like to call it a tool,  it's my helper and I am grateful I have this helper to help me make the right decisions,  remind me not to eat too much,  or the wrong things.  I hope you all do well and I see you in a few years posting your 5th year anniversary telling everyone you are happy and healthy.  Good luck to you all!!

5' 1"

Most Active
Recent Topics