5 years ago!

mylastchance
on 6/6/15 9:35 pm

Yesterday I posted I passed my 5 year mark.  I got a few replies about my success and I appreciate those words of kindness.  I did a reply to all of those people and thought I'd share what  I said to anyone else who might read this. Thought this might help some who are having a hard time or just can decide if they should or shouldn't do this.  I have no regrets,  haven't looked back ever.  Well here is what I wrote in my reply to my 5 year mark:

I haven't been on this site in probably 2 years.  I felt 5 years is a good milestone to step back in and give my update.  I feel fortunate to have made it 5 years.  I do work hard and yes I have not been the perfect sleever,  I have had times where I have gained but then wrap my head around it all and tell myself to get back to it.  You've come way too far Shari, you've lost 100 plus lbs. don't mess this up.  Oh and you look kinda cute too....hahahahaha,  I do still have those moments of wonderment....can't believe that is my reflection in the mirror, or seeing someone I haven't seen in years and they don't recognize me...I absolutely love it.  Thanks for all the replies and words of what a great success I am.  You all are successful and on your own journey to a healthier lifestyle.  This remains tough at times,  this isn't a cure it is a helper.  I for some reason don't like to call it a tool,  it's my helper and I am grateful I have this helper to help me make the right decisions,  remind me not to eat too much,  or the wrong things.  I hope you all do well and I see you in a few years posting your 5th year anniversary telling everyone you are happy and healthy.  Good luck to you all!!

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

akindofmagick
on 6/7/15 4:39 am - MD

Thanks again for posting!! My sleeve date is just under 2 weeks away, after almost 6 years of waiting for approval. Looking forward very much to finding myself again!! 

I've been fat, and I've been thin - and thin is better.  

There is a better way. --Alaine of Lyndar 
--------------------------
HW: 234. SW: 228 (18 June 2015). GW: 137. Specs: 50ish, 5'4"

Paula1965
on 6/7/15 6:01 am
VSG on 04/01/15

Congratulations on your success! Nice to hear that you have struggled and overcome!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

psren13
on 6/7/15 8:58 am - NC
VSG on 03/11/15

Congratulations on your successes and slips and rebounds.  You are an inspiration especially to us newbies, those considering WLS, and even some of the vets that have slipped and rebounded also.  I am only 12 weeks out but those are behind me, my life is in front of me.  This is a tool, a helper, a reminder, a gift that I have given myself.  No it isn't an easy journey but very rewarding, mostly in health and then in the having to buy new clothes in any store.  Oh and the NSVs keep coming.  Great feeling when finally getting something accomplished.  Look for my post in 5 years, for this is a lifetime journey.  And like any adventure/journey/ life there will always be

Ups and Downs.. 

ade123
on 6/16/15 10:23 am - CA

I will have soon 7 years ,no regrets ,life is soooooo much nicer.

Kathy S.
on 6/16/15 2:35 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active
Recent Topics