Rely on protein drinks and yogurt

traumajunkie
on 6/6/15 9:45 am

I will be 3 months post op in a few weeks. I still have difficulty getting 64 oz of water in and the only sure way I get the 60grams of protein is to drink protein drinks and eat Greek yogurt. I feel like my body wants more but everything feels so heavy in my stomach. I went back to the nutritionist that I saw preop and she was little help. My energy level is good. I get at least 10,000 steps in a day. I tried going to the gym and doing a  Body Pump class and afterwards I could feel the muscle fatigue. My legs were very wobbly. I have good days for the most part considering I work at least 50 hours a week. Some days are not so good and I feel lost. Also, my biggest challenge thus far is eating slow. I just cannot get it down pat and I don't know why. It's very frustrating to say the least. 

5ft 3in 40years old HW225 CW200 GW125 sleeved 3/24/2014

GoBlueGirl1998
on 6/6/15 10:03 am - MI

I'm seven months out and my biggest struggle is eating slowly!! At three months I could tolerate everything. It seems like you should be getting protein from other sources at this point....meats, fish, beans, nuts and dairy. Keep trying! Wish I had some better advice for you.

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

psren13
on 6/6/15 3:43 pm - NC
VSG on 03/11/15

What I finally came up with that has helped me tremendously with the water:  I bought a 12-pack of 10 oz bottles of water, put 6 in the refrigerator.  When I finished one, I put the empty bottle on my counter.  When I got to #6 I would fill up the empty bottles and returned them to the frig.  That way always a cold one and I knew I was getting a minimum of 60 oz of water.  This is not including any protein drinks or coffee, just  water.  So I was assured of about 80oz total in liquids for the day.  Sometimes I use  2 bottles into my larger one and add a Crystal Lite or some other flavor enhancer for a change.  Hope this gives you an idea that might work for you as well as it has for me.. Good luck.. Pam

Oneillch
on 6/7/15 7:07 am
VSG on 02/04/15

I find that by using myfitnesspal to pre-plan my day's meals/snacks, I am able to get most of my proteins with food rather than supplements. It's a great tool and helps to make my daily choices a no brainer because I've already accounted for my day. It's also very flexible because I can easily make changes if I find myself going out instead of eating in. 

Getting all my liquids in is also a daily challenge. I have them, but I'm not a fan of plain or flavored water or crystal light so I've been trying a variety of herbal teas, decaf coffees or other 5 calorie non-carbonated beverages. I try and remember to bring a drink with me whenever I go out or keep one with me whenever I watch tv.  

Most Active
Recent Topics