Lower back pain after weight loss

TeressaJ
on 6/5/15 7:42 pm

I am 11 months post op, met my weight loss goal a month ago, and for a little over a month have been experiencing pain in what feels like the very tip of the lower end of my back bone, around my ****yx. When I sit on the toilet (tmi?) it bumps up against the back of the seat and really hurts. It also hurts if I recline back somewhat on my sofa or in a chair. I haven't injured it, that I know of, and wonder if anyone else has experienced this. Wondering if it is due to loss of padding?

JoeyJo
on 6/5/15 7:53 pm - NJ

I have the same problem.  It's so bad that I bought a thick gel cushion for my office chair.  I think it is from the loss of padding but I had a lot of padding.  

Someone in my support group said he bought a new couch because his old one felt very uncomfortable after his weight loss. 

I've also been careful to sit softly instead of flopping down like I used to when I was heavier.   

TeressaJ
on 6/5/15 7:59 pm

Thank you for your reply. I'm sorry for your discomfort but it's always good to know someone is experiencing something similar. I'll be purchasing a gel cushion soon!

NYMom222
on 6/5/15 9:44 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Yes, My tailbone can hurt, and I still have padding... just not as much :) It was really bad for awhile about 3 or 4 months after surgery. doesn't seem to bother me as much anymore, but maybe I've just learned to compensate and sit different....

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

psychoticparrot
on 6/6/15 10:31 am, edited 6/6/15 10:31 am

I haven't yet lost even half the weight I plan to, but already my tailbone is giving me grief. There are special U-shaped cushions available on Amazon that allow you to sit with most of your weight distributed on your upper thighs and either side of your backside. When I have to drive more than 1/2 hour, my cushion comes with me. It helps a lot.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

rhon1017
on 6/8/15 7:56 am - Gastonia, NC

My bothers me daily.  I hate to go from sitting to standing because its worse.  I pray that it will go away just like other quirks I've gotten since surgery have.

VSG on 04-08-15, Weight Day of Surgery 219, M1-15 lbs, M2-17 lbs, M3-10 lbs; M4-6

Most Active
Recent Topics