Dr Dropped Me

samanthalc
on 6/5/15 4:42 pm
with

Don't give up.  Sometimes Doctors decide they don't want to take on a patient because they get a "bad feeling".  (This according to my friend and my step brother who are both surgeons -- but not bariatric ones.)  They might think you're not emotionally ready, for example, or that you will be a "problem" patient in the sense you need lots of attention afterward.  If it were something medical beyond your panic attacks they would have told you.

I'd begin the research for someone local.  You might be able to just pick up where you left off.  It's your insurance company that requires all the prep and pre-op testing; your new surgeon can get the records and pick up where you are now.

Best of luck to you, and keep us posted!

(deactivated member)
on 6/5/15 8:08 pm

Im the problem patient based in my sensitivities I guess. Im allergic to latex, splenda (all the vitamins and protein brands they endorse and sell), and most pain medication. It hasnt been a cake walk but I have found plenty of alternatives to meet their nutritional requirements. I sure dont want to be the bad feeling though.

samanthalc
on 6/6/15 7:56 am
with

It sounds like you don't have a serious medical condition that suggests the surgery is a bad idea.  Don't dwell on it, just channel your energy into finding another surgeon.  Think of it this way: many people are a$$h0l3s.  Surgeons are people.  Therefore it stands to reason that some surgeons are a$$h0l3s.  But for every surgeon that might not be willing to take you on, I'm sure you'll find three willing to work with you.

Best of luck! 

Meghan704
on 6/6/15 9:44 am
VSG on 06/16/15

I also have panic attacks very badly and am sensitive to certain medications. It took forever to find an antidepressant that agreed with me and I could tolerate for it. It wasn't a problem for my surgeon and psychiatrist. I'd ask exactly what the issue is because you have heard of others having it as a non issue. Best of luck!

(deactivated member)
on 6/8/15 9:49 am

I spoke with the nurse this morning to see if that was the only reason and she said yes. They do not want to perform the surgery because the pain meds  and the chest pressure will likey cause a panic attack. Did yall notice chest pressure beyond gas from the surgery?

Most Active
Recent Topics