VSG or LSG

SICKNTIRED3
on 6/4/15 6:36 am

Hello Everyone.... is there anyone *****ceived their procedure through MD Medicare, how long was the process? Where did you go? Were there any out of pocket fees? Who would you recommend? I've been trying to lose weight (((100lbs))) from changing my diet for over a year in keep going back in forth with same 30-50lbs. I really need this surgery because my health is getting worse & worse, I have three children & I realize that losing this weight on my own is not working. Somebody, Anybody please help.... Thanks in advance!!!!

cappy11448
on 6/4/15 8:24 am

Hi,

I'm glad you decided on weight loss surgery.  It really works.  You need to make a commitment to sticking to the plan, but you can succeed. The surgery doesn't make it easy, but it makes it possible.  I was 385 pounds when I decided to undertake the surgery.   I'm now 160 pounds and a normal BMI.  I never thought it would be possible.  But it is. 

Best of luck in your weight loss journey.

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

SICKNTIRED3
on 6/4/15 8:33 am

WOW.... YOU ROCK!!!! Thanks a bunch! I've been contemplating this over & over for the last two years. I just need this tool to help me succeed. I've tried everything on my own, nothing is working. I finally realized that I can't do this alone. I will keep you posted. Thanks again! 

Tracy D.
on 6/4/15 8:48 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I'm not sure what "LSG" is?  Is that a variation of gastric sleeve surgery??

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

SICKNTIRED3
on 6/4/15 8:58 am

Yes, it is "Laproscoptic". I have been researching the VSG, for two years now. I found out about it researching the Lap Band, that I can't get because of my Lupus. LSG, is something I've been seeing the last few months. I'm just hopeing to get approved because I am really struggling with weight loss.   

Tracy D.
on 6/4/15 9:09 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

You may want to double-check this.  Laparoscopic isn't a "type" of bariatric surgery, it's the way a surgery is performed ie. using a laparoscope via several small incisions.  Laparoscopic surgeries tend to have fewer complications and patients recover more quickly from them.  Gallbladder removal is also performed with a laparoscope most of the time.  

Most vertical sleeve gastrectomies are performed laparoscopically unless complications arise.  In those cases an "open surgery" ie. using a large abdominal incision may be necessary.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

SICKNTIRED3
on 6/4/15 10:53 am

I think I've been reading so much, I may have confused myself. I didn't realize until after I posted. I'll get it together.

psren13
on 6/4/15 12:28 pm - NC
VSG on 03/11/15

Actually LSG stands for Lateral Gastric Sleeve.  My surgeon used that in the beginning but I found VSG on YouTube and here and asked him the difference.. No difference.. 

Tracy D.
on 6/4/15 12:32 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Good to know! 

MyTurn2012
on 6/4/15 9:27 am - Canada
VSG on 04/24/15

Can you not start with your family Dr? Your Dr probably knows of a surgeon in your area or at least can help you find one and who to ask about insurance questions. Do as much reading and researching before hand..this forum is excellent for understanding the process on a personal level.  Definately start using My Fitness Pal..it's free and will help you prepare..as well get you losing before surgery...it has to become part of your new improved lifestyle..knowing everything that goes in your mouth and what it is composed of nutritionally.  You will begin to question if certain foods are worth the calories/fats/carbs..lol.  We all started where you are at now...and we all struggled with deciding whether or to have the surgery...but you will read here countless stories of it being the best decision of many lives...

Good luck...be kind to yourself..make yourself a priority ( so you can be there for your kids in a healthier way) and remember to breathe!

Most Active
Recent Topics