Approved and scheduled!

Donna L.
on 6/4/15 9:45 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Surgery was approved by insurance and scheduled for the 22nd. :)

I am having trouble with the pre-surgery diet.  I started it early because I knew I'd have trouble.  I had to go fof my Cymbalta because it is only extended release, and in the process of switching to Lexapro gained 12 pounds somehow (ugh).   I also asked my counselor and bariatrician for more help because I want to be absolutely sure I do better by when surgery rolls around, so I check in with folks twice weekly pre-surgery.  I am reminding myself this will guarantee success long-term, but it's still embarassing.

At any rate, thanks for all the help, guys!  Reading these boards has helped me so much.  I know I will be successful because of all the questions people have asked and answered here for some time.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Sandra F.
on 6/4/15 10:08 am

For me, the pre-op diet was probably the worst part of the process.  The first month after surgery for me was no picnic either, but if you can get through both, just know that it will get better.  Good luck to you!

SpikyP L.
on 6/4/15 10:14 am - NM

Hi I was just wondering how much weight did you lose on your pre-diet??? I'm also having a heckuva time I've been on the pre-diet nutrition visits for four months and lost 5 pounds altogether I need to lose 25.   I don't know if my insurance will approve it!!

BeachBumFun
on 6/4/15 2:37 pm

Congratulations on getting your Surgery Date.  I finished my 6 months of dietary classes April 1, 2015.  I had completed all of my medical testing prior to April 1.  Thought I would be in surgery by the end of April.  It gets discouraging to still have paperwork going around between doctors getting all of the i's dotted and the t's crossed.  All of my results were good to go.  It is just the insurance company requesting more and more.  Ugh.  Now I am being told possibly early July....  From everything I have read it will be worth it when I get this journey out of the stall mode, but right now I am discouraged and I haven't even truly started.

Most Active
Recent Topics