Bloat issues

jyamiolk
on 6/3/15 4:36 pm
VSG on 10/15/14

I am over six months post op and have hit my goal weight of 195. I started maintenance about a month ago and it is proving to be challenging. I am at about 1600 calories a day and my weight loss has slowed down but I am still loosing. I weighed in at 189 this morning. My question is if anyone experienced a sensation of bloating in your abdominal region. It is frustrating as I am loosing weight but feel like my stomach and abdomen are getting bigger. I am aware that some of this can be in my head and also could be related to an increase in fiber. I started adding apples and peanut butter and oranges to my diet. I may have answered my question with the increased fiber intake but would like youur comments.

VSG with DR. Sharp on 10-15-2014

Age 43 Height 5' 10" HW 306 SW 280 CW 185

GW 195

(deactivated member)
on 6/3/15 6:11 pm

It does happen. I doubt that you are getting bigger around the middle, but I'm familiar with the pressure you are feeling that makes it feel that way. Go easy on the fibrous fruits and vegetables so you can build up a tolerance for them again. Also, make sure to drink extra water when you eat those types of foods. I have found that helps a great deal to reduce the bloated feeling.

Congratulations on reaching your goal weight!

Most Active
Recent Topics