Any good stories about the Sleeve with people who had GERD or acid reflux BEFORE surgery?

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 6/3/15 11:01 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

I had gerd b4 surgery, but my symptoms were very, very light., and most likely caused by the hiatial hernia they found & corrected at surgery. I took a ppi a month or so b4 surgery & a couple of months after. I haven't needed any since then.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

happyteacher
on 6/3/15 3:56 pm

I had a ton of issues before. I maxed out meds and took tums with me constantly, and using far more than I should in an ineffective effort to control it. It wasn't until after surgery I realized just how bad it had been. My doc found a hiatel hernia in the surgery and repaired it. I rarely have heartburn issues now, and when I do it is only known because it mimics hunger instead of the drowning in acid I experienced before. I swear- the surgery was this alone let alone the weight loss aspect!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active
Recent Topics