Does the sleeve stall out?

carrie3101
on 6/1/15 7:21 pm

Hi guys,

I am a couple weeks pre-op and from what I'm reading it seems like the weight loss stalls out after about a year, and that for folks that have a lot to lose (like me-- pre op weight 350ish), a loss of 100 pounds would be considered a success. After that, it seems that even though you're not eating very much, your body has adjusted and the weight it much much harder to lose. Has this been your experience?

If I miraculously get down that much, I would still have a lot to lose to get to goal. Does the sleeve stall out for people with a high start weight, and if so, should I postpone surgery to try to get my weight down before the surgery?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

frisco
on 6/2/15 9:00 am

Lots of bariatric programs deem 50-60% EWL successful, sleeve size and eating programs seem to be geared for those numbers.

That being said it is ultimately up to the patient and it does get slower and harder past the 6 month mark. Many here have lost way more than those numbers. I lost 200lbs. going from 350lbs. to 150lbs.

In most cases with every WLS the patient is the component that stalls out.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 6/2/15 9:14 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

The sleeve doesn't stall out, you might go thru stalls during weight loss & its totally normal. Weight loss does slow down the further away from surgery you get, but it usually doesn't stop. Ultimately it comes down to what you eat that'll make it stop.

I had the vsg & started at 366, I've worked my way down to 220 & am still going strong.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Most Active
Recent Topics