OK..TIME FOR MY WEEKLY (?) UPDATE....

psren13
on 5/31/15 7:01 am - NC
VSG on 03/11/15

TADA-----195.8... Yay me... Down almost 4 lbs this week.  See--See--That's what happens when you stick to plan... I have decided that I need to keep a journal because I know I am going to want to look back and try to remember my emotions and exactly what I was thinking and doing almost every day of my journey.  Nope, not all days are "honeymoon" for sure.  But culmulatively it is all good.  A few things I have to adjust to, well, one major thing I have experienced this week, is men actually looking at me, ME.. Being a big woman, just didn't happen in a positive way.  Always wore larger tops, tee shirts whatever, trying to hide the "fat" but now finally figured out, clothes don't hide fat but can help with loose skin.. lol.. Always sort of stayed in the background because of lower self esteem.  That is changing slowly but surely.  Have to learn to deal with it..  Wish I didn't have the back problems so I could do more walking and exercising.  Working on that with injections in lower back right now.  Hope it works.  Loving the NSVs that I do have--like crossing my legs, tieing my shoes (no velcro closures now), even putting on socks, steering wheel at lowest position, most meds stopped (diabetes II and high BP in remission or very well controlled along with cholesterol), BAGGY clothes (not going to buy anything new just yet), walking around and not getting winded, feeling more energetic.. and the list goes on.  I FEEL GREAT!!!!!!!  (wish I had the insurance and availabilty to of had this done 30 years ago).  If you are thinking of having WLS, no matter what kind, DO NOT put it off. Won't always be a piece of cake but neither is life.  Just makes life a little easier in the long run..  NO REGRETS... Have a wonderful Sunday.. xoxox Pam

IWANT2BEHEALTHY
on 5/31/15 7:11 am
VSG on 03/16/15

Congratulations on your awesome progress.  I feel you on the clothes issue.  Those NSV are the best. Keep kicking butt. 

Ht:6'5 Start weight 427, surgery weight=362 current weight 238 goal weight unsure?

MissNexxie
on 5/31/15 7:46 am
VSG on 04/30/14

Congratulations on your progress and dedication. It's those unexpected NSV's (crossing legs, tying shoes) that really propel you forward especially in times of temptation. You are doing fantastically!

Surgery: April 30, 2014: HW: 288 SW: 250 Achieved Goal 149 lbs: April 8, 2015 CW: 158 lbs (working on losing 65 lb regain as of June 1, 2021. Weight was at 215 lbs). Fighting every darn day!

gwen41539
on 5/31/15 9:16 am - kimper, KY

I can't wait to feel better 

HW 381/ pre op 345 /SW 312 Vsg 7/13/15 /CW 288

M1-24 lbs

MegZorar
on 5/31/15 9:33 am

Congrats!

lianna
on 5/31/15 10:05 am - South, TX
VSG on 03/09/15 with

Those are great NSVs!  Glad that you are doing so good and feeling so GREAT!

Lianna   lapband 2005, removed 2014.  VSG 3/9/15

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/15 1:17 pm

I love that you are so aware that you will have to "deal" with the changes that are happening. The attention thing can be a real maddening and confusing experience. It's wonderful that you are aware of that. You may find, too, that as your self esteem increases people might not like the positive changes. Don't let that dissuade you from your progress. You are doing so well and have such a positive spirit - even with that nasty back pain.

I'm happy for you! Keep up the good work!

Ready2goNOW
on 5/31/15 1:34 pm

Way to go, Pam.

It makes me really anxious to get to my surgery & get to experience many of the NSR victories you mention. It really is the simple things that can give you a daily lift & the motivation to stay on track.

I have lost almost 50 pounds pre-op, and yesterday I noticed my collarbone for the 1st time in God knows how long! MY COLLARBONE! Who woulda thought such an inconsequential body part would bring me such joy? But it did!

So I hope you continue to celebrate & enjoy more successes on your journey...I can't wait to catch up!

Kathy

akindofmagick
on 5/31/15 6:23 pm - MD

I hear you, Ready! I can't wait to see my waist again!! Oh, so many good moments are out there for the picking!!

18 more days!!   Eeeeekkkk!!!

Thanks for a great post!!

I've been fat, and I've been thin - and thin is better.  

There is a better way. --Alaine of Lyndar 
--------------------------
HW: 234. SW: 228 (18 June 2015). GW: 137. Specs: 50ish, 5'4"

flwrpwr
on 6/1/15 4:56 pm
VSG on 02/23/15

myforever

Most Active
Recent Topics