Staple line question

mickeymantle
on 5/29/15 2:47 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

I have the sleeve almost 2 years and have not vomited or got food stuck or the foamies once

fatty beef makes me sick but it did pre op also

my surgeon rarly does the crap band any more only if insurance will not pay for any other surgery

most people at my support group with the vsg have no problems eating many with the rny do and most with the band do

I love my sleeve I lost over 150 lb most post op , am rarely hungry and follow my plan like 98% of the time

it gave me a new life

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Karen D.
on 5/29/15 7:15 pm - NY
Revision on 11/24/15

My doc isn't doing many bands anymore either.  My insurance just started covering the sleeve so that is making me hopeful they will cover a revision.   Your experience is what I wish I had everyday.  I have some soul searching to do.

Thank you!

Hislady
on 5/29/15 9:19 pm - Vancouver, WA

Hon if you are still having this much trouble you have GOT to get that thing out of there pronto. I don't know but one person who didn't care for her band because she was still hungry all the time. Even she finally admitted she thinks maybe that's just how she is and always will be. Even so she has still lost all her weight and then some.

The longer you leave that in the more damage is being done on a daily basis. I have permanent stomach damage from my band, it is called gastroparesis (slow emptying stomach) and it is happening to more and more people. It is so miserable you can't even believe the pain I am in every day 24/7 my gut feels like it is going thru a wringer washer. More and more people are being diagnosed with that and swallowing issues.

I don't feel like I have problems with swallowing but tests show mine is delayed and slow by about 40%. I think it just happened slowly over time so I don't really notice it. There are more and more issues happening to us after our bands are removed especially if you are like me and can't revise. I have other health problems that keep me from revising.

If your insurance covers this I would suggest you get in there pronto and get that band out before you end up like so many of us with permanent damage from that darn thing. You really should get a partial unfill if you are still throwing up, that causes esophagus damage and tooth damage. Please do this for yourself, you are worth it!!!! You will be able to eat normally and not be sick all the time. You will be able to eat healthy food and enjoy it again.

Most Active
Recent Topics