Discoveries and mind games

Lillydivine
on 5/28/15 2:14 pm
VSG on 04/13/15

Today is a good day. I had my upper GI done and it came out clean. No sign of anymore pollups, cancerous or non cancerous. 

On the other side of this, when I was getting ready for a shower, I took a good long look at myself nude. I now have a pouch of skin. I can't even describe how devestated I was seeing this. I knew I'd have loose skin, but this was so not what I expected. How am I going to fit in smaller sizes if I have a pouch that will become bigger as I lose more weight? I keep telling myself to ignore it. But it's really hard to do. I still don't see any significant difference in me, except for my néw pouch!

How do I rid myself of my pouch? Is it even possible to get rid of it without surgery?

Height 5ft 2in / Highest Weight 277lbs / Surgery April 13, 2015 / Surgery Weight 270lbs / Current Weight 230lbs / Goal 130ibs

Gwen M.
on 5/28/15 3:43 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Plastic surgery is the only solution. But I figure empty skin looks better than skin filled with fat!  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 5/28/15 4:05 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Not likely.  We stretch our skin out when we are obese and it generally won't spring back.  If you're young, you have a better chance, but there are not guarantees.

If it bothers you, start saving your pennies for plastic surgery.  That's the only sure fire remedy for skin reduction. 

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Tracy D.
on 5/29/15 7:54 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

You're only one month out - relax!  First of all, the "pouch" will probably deflate over time and become more of an "apron" that sags and lays flatter against the skin.  Second, there will be some skin snap-back during your first two-years post-op.  Patience is required for this! Exercise is important for a lot of reasons but it will NOT shrink excess skin.  We all grew extra skin to cover our bulk as we got bigger and bigger.  That skin does not evaporate as our fat cells shrink :-( 

Third, you WILL be able to successfully camouflage the worst of this with shapewear and savvy dressing.  And by that time you may have decided that plastics will be in your future.  

It's definitely a head game but you must focus on the main reason you needed to lose weight.  And for most of us it was because we were slowly killing ourselves with negative health consequences from being obese and morbidly obese.  Focus on the important stuff like getting off meds, having better cholesterol, not getting winded going up stairs, fitting into booths, etc.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active
Recent Topics