Scales

Mary B.
on 5/28/15 12:52 pm - AZ
VSG on 04/23/15

I'm 5 weeks out.  I just bought a scale, the 1st digital one I ever had (They didn't make digital ones the last time I bought a scale).  I'm wondering if you get readings that differ up or down by a pound or more from last thing before bed until the 1st thing in the morning or in the time it takes for a shower.  Are these changes just due to the way digital scales work or did I get a lemon?   Maybe I should look for an old fashioned scale.

Age 63, HW 289, SW 273

wyo_sarah
on 5/28/15 1:28 pm

My experience is that scales vary like crazy.  From before bed to first thing in the morning lots of things happen in your body.  I have found that for my most consistent results I weigh at the same time every day.  I weigh first thing in the morning, naked, after I've used the bathroom, before I shower.  If I don't do it then, I don't do it at all, so my results are as consistent as possible.

Luvmygs
on 5/28/15 2:59 pm
VSG on 12/04/14

Mary, scales do vary. You should weigh yourself the same time. I do my weigh in's every morning, before I even take a shower. About once every three months I place my 9 lb weights to make sure its on track!

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 5/28/15 4:08 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Your weight will fluctuate during the day.  It's best to weigh yourself at the same time everyday.  For me, it's after I shower every morning.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Mary B.
on 5/28/15 4:28 pm - AZ
VSG on 04/23/15

Thank you all.  I'll weigh myself in the morning. Next time I go to the doctor. I'll see how close my scale comes to his.

Age 63, HW 289, SW 273

Tracy D.
on 5/29/15 8:02 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

My digital scale is as consistent as my old-fashioned one was.  You will ALWAYS weigh more in the evening than you do in the morning.  In the morning you are dehydrated from 7-8 hours of sleeping, respiration and no drinking.  

My question to you: why are you weighing yourself multiple times a day?  Stop it - it will make you crazy.  If you must weigh daily then weigh at the same time and place every day and let that be the gospel.    

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

mickeymantle
on 5/29/15 8:12 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

make shore it has fresh batteries in it or it will give you weird  readings 

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Most Active
Recent Topics