Question about food volume and Dr. [kinda long]

grandma_tammy53
on 5/29/15 1:13 pm

Thanks!  This actually is the bariatric Dr. who I need to do the followup appts with not the surgeon.  I haven't seen the surgeon since right after my surgery.  The problem is that I did continue doing what I was previously doing but am continuing to lose weight and now according to this new bariatric Dr. I am losing too much!  Maybe I'll just take Frisco's advice and for now add a little mayo or sauce here and there to up the calories a little and see what happens...  You're right tho, I will be able to eat more soon and that will probably take care of it.  Thanks for your thoughts!

White Dove
on 5/28/15 8:55 pm - Warren, OH

His advice was stupid and I hope you don't listen.  Let your body decide when to stop losing.  Don't transfer to another clinic, but next time ask for a different surgeon for your appointment.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

grandma_tammy53
on 5/29/15 1:14 pm

Thanks for saying that!  I thought his advice was stupid as well!

flwrpwr
on 5/29/15 2:18 pm
VSG on 02/23/15

Great job.  You are a great inspiration!!!!!

myforever

Jp2lose
on 6/2/15 10:09 am - Omaha, NE
I'm 5 years out and recently lost some more weight due to really watching what I eat to control my migraines and my increased running to train for a 1/2 marathon. I talked to the PA at my doctor's office about my weight because I just hit 100% EWL and she said they don't like you to lose more than that. If you're at 96%, I'd say you're still OK! I do what Frisco suggested, I add fat calories wherever I can. I make a protein coffee and add coconut milk, when I make eggs I add some bacon grease that I keep in the freezer, I cook my chicken in coconut oil, I add olive or coconut oil to my vegetables. So far it seems to be working and my weight has stabilized.

Most Active
Recent Topics