Lapband to sleeve revision were you able to lose weight?

robinreinhardt
on 5/28/15 10:50 am

Michele,

I have a friend who had the lap band and 1 year ago she had the RNY. She lost 100 pounds and looks great. Good luck to you.

Robin

michele1
on 5/28/15 11:32 am
Revision on 07/07/15

Ladies can't thank you enough, my auth for the removal has come through and I think I have decided on the sleeve. I only want to lose 30-40 pounds so I think that is one other reason the sleeve is so appealing to me. 

From what I hear that with the dilation the sleeve might not be the best thing and I will call my surgeons office to discuss that further....I am not thinking it was too bad of a dilation because I didn't have any symptoms.

Scary to be doing both at the same time, hopefully they can schedule it soon...will keep you posted and will continue to lurk for more information!! This board is the best, support I feel was paramount in my success with the band!

Laurel B.
on 5/29/15 5:24 am - Evans, GA
RNY on 07/21/17

Michele,

I'm going to be following this post.  I was about to basically post the same thing.  I had the band in 2007. I never had a fill that would even allow me to swallow my own saliva.  The band has been this terrible thing but I've been too afraid of having another surgery to even go back to the doctor for years.  However, I'm now to the point where I'm puking more days than not and the heart burn has gotten terrible.  I have an appointment on Monday.  I'm hoping there is an option of the sleeve but it sounds like I may have the dilation thing. It's so scarey after this long.

Laurel

5'8" HW:265 SW:235 CW:224 GW:160.

ROUX NY 7/21/2017

LAPBAND 8/31/2007

Most Active
Recent Topics