Hair loss & Biotin intake

peachy08
on 5/25/15 2:27 pm

So great to hear from someone that has what I have! Thank you for the feedback! 😀

- Peachy   

Dee R.
on 5/20/15 8:32 am - CA

I started losing mine at about 4 months.  I probably lost about 1/3 of it.  It was fairly thick to begin with.  Had my hair dresser cut some layers into it and you really couldn't tell much.  I'm at 6 months now and it's pretty much stopped now.  And there's new growth coming in already. 

Tracy D.
on 5/20/15 8:50 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I lost a literal sh*t-ton of hair - more than half - and I was taking Biotin for 2 months before surgery and I still take it today.  Biotin does NOTHING to help with hair loss - nothing!  It will help the new hair that grows in to be strong and healthy.  It may also cause hair on other parts of your body to grow like crazy - lol!  

Different habits don't have different outcomes.  The loss pattern will be unique to you- if it's going to happen it'll happen and there's nothing you can do to stop it.  Most people lose some with the biggest loss months being around months 3-5.  Some people lose little to none (it's rare) and some people like me lose a lot.  Hopefully you'll be one of the lucky ones! 

And great job on your progress so far! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

peachy08
on 5/20/15 10:26 am

Thank you all for your kind words and for sharing you experiences! It so great to see a lot of you have met your goals! 👍😊

- Peachy   

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 5/20/15 12:51 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Click on this link to read about telogen effluvium.  If it's going to happen to you, it's going to happen.  All the biotin, protein and miracle conditioners in the world won't prevent it.

I started shedding hair at 3-1/2 months post surgery, and it stopped by the 9th month.  I tried taking biotin and noticed dark, coarse hair on my face, legs and other parts of my body so I immediately stopped it.

You just have to wait this out.  My hair is back to normal and looking great with all the vitamins and supplements I take.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Valerie G.
on 5/20/15 5:56 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Biotin will NOT do anything to stop or prevent telogen effluvium (look it up to learn all you can).  Nothing will except not having surgery of any kind.  It will, however, benefit the new hair emerging and pushing the old hair out, and if overused, give you some nice new facial hair you never had before.  

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

L. Woody
on 5/20/15 9:19 pm, edited 5/20/15 9:19 pm
VSG on 05/20/15

I was taking biotin before and just had surgery so I am hoping it helps post open.

Most Active
Recent Topics