Bubbles

lilmsmrtas
on 5/19/15 11:41 am - Anchorage, AK
VSG on 05/15/15

i had surgery last Friday... I am having trouble staying hydrated so my biggest goal has been trying to get my clear liquids in. I should be getting protein and full liquids in but I feel like my sleeve is full of bubbles and gurgling. I'm super afraid to drink to much. I threw up once in the hospital and that was enough. I have had very little nausea since. The hospital had me on a 4oz max intake so I have been measuring everything. Do I dare pu**** to try to get everything in? How do I help prevent the bubbles??? I am still very sore so i have been walking to help

move the bubbles and get the burps out.  Help...

GoBlueGirl1998
on 5/19/15 11:57 am - MI

walk, walk, walk! Get rid of that gas and those bubbles. Experiment with what liquids work for you. Try sugar free Popsicle's, sugar free jello, warm broths. See what works for you!

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

wyo_sarah
on 5/19/15 12:01 pm

I kept an eye on the clock and tried to drink 1/2 an ounce every 5 minutes.  I felt like I was drinking constantly, but it worked.  That is 6 ounces an hour, so easy to get 80 ounces in 13 hours.  

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/19/15 12:45 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Lots of people find that their sleeve makes noises, especially at first, and especially as the gas used to inflate the stomach during surgery works its way out of your body.

The best way to get your liquid in is to take tiny sips. I bought a bunch of 2oz paper bathroom cups and would work on one of those ever half hour or so. Changing the temperature of your water (hot, lukewarm, ice cold) may help as well.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

peachy08
on 5/19/15 7:15 pm

Hi, it's pretty normal to feel what you are feeling. I am few weeks post op and had similar reactions in the beginning. Like others have stated Walk and Sip sip sip! Try GasX strips to help relieve the "bubbles" it will (usually) get worse before it gets better. I had pretty significant gas pain and gurgling till about 2/2.5 weeks post op. Now when I first start to eat or drink anything I will get a little gurgle but it's not painful. If you have any questions feel free to message me. I know I'm not as far a long as many WLS members on here but I did just go through what you are going through now. I can relate! 😊 Good luck. 

- Peachy   

Most Active
Recent Topics