stair step losing pattern sucks!

Spanky123
on 5/14/15 2:56 pm

I know I should be happy I'm losing, but its very frustrating. I go 3_4 weeks teetering between 2_4 pounds, then in one week I will drop several pounds. It came off gradually the first 2  months, Kay three months there have only been 2 "losses" one 5 pounds and one incredible 10  pounds. I am currently in the next holding pattern and constantly worry Is this it?" I'm 10  pounds away from surgeons goal, probably 25 away from my own.  Just venting, frustrated. 

Amy M.
on 5/14/15 3:26 pm - Grand Island, NY
VSG on 07/30/14

I'm right there with ya.  I can't seem to get to Onederland.  I finally got down to 200 on Monday and I've been working my ass off ever since.  I was 202 yesterday and this morning 203.  It's extremely frustrating.  But I know that I'm not actually gaining any real weight, it's jus****er, and eventually it'll come off and POOF Onderland.  I'm also about 25 lbs from goal and the weight loss has slowed down a lot.  Just keep going.  You'll get there 

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/14/15 4:54 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Keep with it, you'll get there! Mine just drug out further as I got to goal-- and below.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 5/14/15 5:27 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Yeah stair stepping can suck, especially when the holding patterns feel too long sometimes. I just keep reminding myself that onderland is a lot closer than it was when I started & actually when I started I wasn't sure if it'd ever be a reality. I keep plugging at it anyway.

I do look back whenever I get into those holding patterns & see if I was on point, most of the time yes, sometimes no. I try to keep that in mind whenever my holding pattern feels too long.

Keep it up, we gotta get steppin sometime! LOL 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Kiwideb
on 5/14/15 7:36 pm
VSG on 01/19/15

I feel your pain. Mines all tied up with hormones. Nothing for 10+ days then 2 days after my period BAM 4 pounds overnight... Sucks

Pamela M.
on 5/15/15 3:52 am - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 08/25/14

I am right there with you but slow and steady will win the game. Keep up the good work!  We WILL make it to goal!!!

The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.   Henry David Thoreau

mickeymantle
on 5/15/15 7:53 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

any losing is great , just don't weigh yourself so much once a week or every few weeks is fine even once a month if you stay on plan you will lose

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Dee R.
on 5/15/15 10:17 am - CA

SO true!  In the beginning I weighed myself daily.  That just led to frustration.  I'm a stair stepper too.  Now I only weight myself twice a week.  Eventually, I'll get to once a week.  I just keep telling myself to stay on track and it WILL fall off.  Hang in there! 

SKmammabear
on 5/15/15 3:25 am, edited 5/15/15 3:26 am

So glad to know I'm not the only one doing that!  I will go a week or two then drop 5 pounds...  then repeat!  It's frustrating, but still averaging at least 2 pounds a week.  Last month was only 8 pounds.  I figure that "normal" people try to lose 2 pounds a week so if I'm over that then it's awesome!  At least I'm losing!!  That's more than I can say a year ago that's for sure!!  I still have a long ways to go, but one day at a time I'll get there!  I love that I was blessed to have this surgery!

WHOA!  I just looked at my ticker and I'm EXACTLY half way there!  WOO HOO!!

Y D.
on 5/15/15 5:24 am, edited 5/15/15 5:24 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

it blows :(

I used to weigh everyday, but in the process of my move my scale is packed away somewhere. I'm not sure where I am weight wise, but its been nice to have a break from the scale tension.

While I was moving I was going through clothes... and I decided to try on some size 12 jeans to find out how far I was till I could fit in them. And... they fit! I started as an 18/20. So even though it wasn't a scale victory it was a nice feeling.

Stair step losers unite :)

Most Active
Recent Topics