4 Days Post Op, New, Don't Feel Well!

Luvmygs
on 5/17/15 10:26 am
VSG on 12/04/14

I truly believe the first week after surgery is by far the hardest. Please hang-in-there and do exactly what your doctor tells you. You just had MAJOR surgery and your stomach needs time to heal. Stay focus on water, broth and get rest. Try some sugar free popsicles. I couldn't stomach the plain broth, so my nutritionist allowed me to have Progresso Chicken Noodle soup. But, I had to strain the soup from all its noodles and vegetables. That broth was much easier to get down. Every day gets better, it really does. Good luck and congratulations. Check out Dr. Alvarez's youtube videos on the gastric sleeve for more advise. Christine

mandidel
on 5/17/15 12:16 pm

Everyone, THANK YOU SO MUCH! I feel so much better today! I think I have turned a corner both physically and mentally. Your advice has been wonderful. The proti soups, broth with unflavored protein, greek yogurt, and chocolate premier protein will save me for the next three weeks... as well as the knowledge that every day  I will be feeling better! Got some sugar free popsicles too, and that feels good. Onward!! 

5'9"

Nurse12334
on 5/17/15 5:05 pm

Glad you are feeling better.  Liquids are tough but you can do it.  It will make the soft foods that much sweeter when you get there.  You will probably start seeing improvemet each day now.  Sugar free popsicles saved me!!

Most Active
Recent Topics