half an hour

(deactivated member)
on 5/15/15 5:44 pm

Today I was really heavily scheduled. I had only a short time in between commitments to exercise. I had from 4:30 to 5:00 - that was it. I went and worked out. I did a kick butt work out and got my heart rate going at a good clip and broke a nice sweat. I did a quick HIIT work out circuit followed by some ab work. When I was all done I had that feeling like my muscles were close to exhausted and I felt great.  As I was leaving it occurred to me that the old me would not have gone to exercise for ONLY half and hour. Why bother, right?

Not today. A half hour is really worth it!

So next time you don't think you have the time to exercise, get up and do it anyway. You'll be proud of yourself that you did.

Grim_Traveller
on 5/15/15 7:34 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

It doesn't have to be a heavy duty workout, either. Most days I'll use that half hour that I'm early to an appointment, or whatever, to walk around the block, or go up a couple flights of stairs, etc. That's when my FitBit is worth it's weight in gold.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

IWANT2BEHEALTHY
on 5/16/15 6:23 am
VSG on 03/16/15

Nice post, and reply by Grim. Thanks for letting me realize its better to do something than nothing. 

Ht:6'5 Start weight 427, surgery weight=362 current weight 238 goal weight unsure?

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/21/15 11:56 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Heck yes! Bonus points for that sort of thing because you don't have to change into workout clothes, drive to the gym, track down all of your bike gear, or stuff like that.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Stacy_WLS
on 5/16/15 9:03 am

Perfect point.  I hadn't exercised last night and after dinner my boyfriend recommended we take a walk.  It was wonderful and some well needed movement.  :)

JUst getting something in is important for mental health!

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

frisco
on 5/16/15 9:39 am

Great point kairk !

I always have equipment that needs to be loaded or unloaded in my trucks. For years I paid people to lift my stuff and I would pay the gym to lift there stuff.

Now I don't mind doing my heavy work because I think of it as free fitness !!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

momsy55
on 5/21/15 10:37 am - ME

Great point Kairk!  I'm a great one for saying I don't have the time, but lately I've called myself on the carpet for that.  As I prep for my knee replacement surgery in July, I've been using down moments to do my legs stretches, knee bends, and strengthening exercises.  Instead of letting printing pile up front at work and picking up a whole pile, I try to powerwalk up there for every paper I print.  It's about 80 steps from my office to the printer and back.  Some days I print off 40 or more pages.  Some days I even stand up at my desk in-between, as well, to get a little more benefit.  Because of my knee, there are some exercises I can only do briefly, or not at all, so I've gotten creative.  I did manage to stay in dance and make it through the recital, but my pirouettes were a joke!  :)   Mary

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

PaulaToronto
on 5/21/15 2:17 pm - Toronto, Canada

So true especially on days I don't want to cuz I have no energy.  I give myself permission to do just 15 minute on the treadmill and of course once I am on it I usually go longer but I have stopped a couple of times at 15 minutes and it does make a difference in how my mind thinks about myself.  I tried and I did what I could and that is always better than not trying at all.  Sometimes the quickies are the best because you are really focused and intense.

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

Most Active
Recent Topics