Two Years & 255lbs Later....

Nikke2003
on 5/13/15 6:28 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Today I’m “celebrating” two years since I had weight loss surgery and about 2 1/2 years since I started the journey to a healthier and happier life. It’s funny to think about when I started this process, knowing I would have to go through a six month supervised diet prior to surgery, feeling like it would never happen. It felt like the six months would never end – and here I am years later wondering where the time went.

I can’t describe with words how much my life has changed for the better since this whole thing started. Every time I attend a local support group meeting, I make the joke that I would have surgery annually if I had to – like renewing a lease. While I say that as a joke, it really is the truth.

Gone are the days of being in constant physical pain – and feeling miserable. Gone are the days of worrying about breaking chairs, public ridicule, ill-fitting online order-only clothing, two seats on an airplane, social anxiety, and generally watching life pass me by as a bystander. I feel like I’m living, I feel like I’m alive.

In support group meeting, people often ask me what he toughest part has been. For me, it has never been physical… but mostly the mental and emotional changes I’ve been through in the past 2 1/2 years. The relationships you have with people can change for the better (or worse) when you make a complete overhaul in your life. What I’ve learned is that I needed to be a bit more “selfish” and make myself a priority if I wanted to get to a healthier place and that’s exactly what I’ve done. I make no apologies!

If I had to do it over, I would do almost everything the same. I’m glad I went “hardcore” and was strict with my eating habits for as long as I could go. Losing as much weight pre-op was key. I’m forever grateful that I started therapy during the supervised diet. Attending support group meetings regularly has been integral. Taking pictures along the way really helps in those times when it feels like you’ve only moved an inch, but in reality you’ve gone a mile.

The best advice I can give to anyone starting this process is for you to practice both accountability and personal responsibility. Accept that poor habits have gotten you to where you are, but turning it around is possible. Track. your. damn. food/drink. WEIGH/MEASURE EVERYTHING. Too often, I hear/read about people magically gaining weight or “stalling” in their weight loss… wondering how this is happening. If it’s happening…. you aren’t being honest with yourself about how much you are eating and drinking – plain and simple. No more excuses, no more denial. That’s the best way I can summarize!

What’s next for me? Well, I’m very excited to be finishing the plastic surgery process in just two weeks with a thigh lift and slight revision to my lower body lift – yay! In just over six weeks, I’m turn 30!! I’m very excited about it, believe it or not, because I truly feel as though I’ve gotten better with age! :) I’ll be updating here and there after surgery – wish me luck! :)

Same outfit - two years apart!

Same outfit – two years apart!

Front-05132015

Left-05132015

Right-05132015

Back-05132015

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

poplargreys
on 5/13/15 11:40 am, edited 5/13/15 1:58 pm
VSG on 03/31/15

Nikke, you have been my biggest inspiration since the very beginning, and I can only dream of being as successful as you have been throughout this transformation. You are amazing!!

Stacy_WLS
on 5/13/15 6:42 pm

Just amazing!  Congratulations :)

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

Kiwideb
on 5/13/15 6:46 pm
VSG on 01/19/15

Amazing results!

What plastics did you do? (Besides the upcoming)

I do wish I'd done my VSG younger when things used to 'bounce back' somewhat better. Not that I think youth was a miracle worker mind - but that there was a tad more elasticity than now :)

Nikke2003
on 5/13/15 6:51 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Hey there! I did a breast lift, lower body lift, and arm lift in September. If you'd like to look at pictures (beware, they are nudes!) you can check out my blog in the signature of my post. The password for any password protected posts is capella2014

Plastics has definitely been worth it in my eyes. I had a tough time looking at all the skin and I'm so glad I worked hard to make it happen!

Thanks!!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Kiwideb
on 5/13/15 7:04 pm
VSG on 01/19/15

Did the arms hurt like crap? I'm no where near any thoughts of plastics, but it's the one I'm concerned about for some reason.

And having been boobilicous my whole life a lift is first on my set of dream surgeries I can't afford. (Pvt. pay to begin with you see)

I need to lotto more often :)

Nikke2003
on 5/13/15 7:07 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

I didn't find the plastic surgery to be all that painful... honestly, it was just uncomfortable, but I wouldn't call it painful. The only time the arms would give me trouble would be if I was "pushing it" to reach for things, which I avoided doing! The tension could be a bit painful, but I planned ahead with clothing I didn't have to put on over my head, bought a "grabber" to get things off of shelves, etc.

Kiwideb
on 5/13/15 7:09 pm
VSG on 01/19/15

Good took know! Thanks Nikke.

(ps, pics look awesome, btw, and it looks like incisions are healing so nicely)

Nich_R
on 5/13/15 7:54 pm

Great job! You look amazing!

Nichole

Shel25
on 5/13/15 8:02 pm

Great job at sticking to your program!  Simply amazing results.  Thank you for your words of wisdom. 

~Shel

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

Most Active
Recent Topics